WOW, that was expensive

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I bought a cervinis wing for the L. They look so good. But I took it to be painted today, and that gonna be another 300 bones. Thats 600 in mod money that could have gone elsewhere. Oh Well, it will look good.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I had my painted by the one of the cheaper guys in town because I thought the same thing. It turned out well and was around 350-400 total.. Stan

1s9v9t3

Established Member
Thats expensive. I just dropped mine off this morning to get painted and $200 is what they told me. plus I bought it for $220, so $420 into it isnt so bad.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I took it to the place in town that fixes the expensive cars. The guy started at 200, but after he saw the prep involved, cooking the thing, sanding, etc. it jumped up to 3oo. He said they use expensive paint also. Its called sickens paint. :shrug: I dont know if its good or not.

Bootie

Established Member
Yeah Sikkens paint. It's pretty good; about like dupont and the like. I'm no paint and body guy either, but 300 sounds about right. I had my hood completely stripped and repainted and was just north of 600. I think all the prep work would be the same on the wing, but more nooks and cranies.

Once you get it on and it looks killer, it'll take the edge off the price for ya hopefully.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
I took it to the place in town that fixes the expensive cars. The guy started at 200, but after he saw the prep involved, cooking the thing, sanding, etc. it jumped up to 3oo. He said they use expensive paint also. Its called sickens paint. :shrug: I dont know if its good or not.

Dam what guy did you go to? I am looking for a good Painter to repaint the front of my Lightning. Do you know if they do airbrushing?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Yikes.

I'm gonna buy one while they're still making them and put it on a shelf, I'm gonna just wait and do a full repaint when it's paid off.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Is that $300 for installation and everything?? I can see that as being fair. I will say you need to find a 'hook-up' if you plan on having more painted. A friend that is a bodyman is worth his weight in gold.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Sikkens...good paint....but prep work is everything. Spraying the paint is easy. At least they're not using sherwin williams....total sheeet paint imo.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
venomous said:
Sikkens...good paint....but prep work is everything. Spraying the paint is easy. At least they're not using sherwin williams....total sheeet paint imo.

have you had a bad expirience with the Sherwin-Williams?

99% of the time a paint issue can be traced back to a problem other than the paint itself.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
shewin williams to Sikkens automotive paint is like the wal mart brand of shoes compared to new balance sneakers or Cole Haan shoes

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
Don't paint a black L with Sikkens paint. It won't match under any type of lights. I had my aftermarket metal hood repainted after a big rock chip TWICE with two variations of the UA tint. In the sunlight it looked pretty close with the slightest hint of burnt umber (brown) but at night under the lights it looked brown as crap next to the factory paint.

The first time the hood was painted at another shop the paint match was as perfect as you can get in any kind of light. I don't know what brand they used but I'd bet the farm it wasn't Sikkens.

My daughters red mustang turned out great from the same shop just a warning to stay away from the Sikkens black paint.

Last edited:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Is that $300 for installation and everything?? I can see that as being fair. I will say you need to find a 'hook-up' if you plan on having more painted. A friend that is a bodyman is worth his weight in gold.
Not with installation, but that easy. A few bolts and some tape.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Dam what guy did you go to? I am looking for a good Painter to repaint the front of my Lightning. Do you know if they do airbrushing?
David, I am going to Dynamic, on Palmer Blvd. I always see the nice cars there, so it should be good. I will ask about airbrushing when I pick it up.

Josh1

Banned
I am getting my Cervinis Cowl Hood painted right now for $300 and it is much larger of a object to paint. Are you having them put it on for you? Sometimes they like to charge big prices on installs. They wanted another $150 to install it. I said I can do it myself before I would pay that. I know they do great paint work because they have painted two of my cars so far. They are just slow.

Users who are viewing this thread