wrecked lightning

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I finially got the pictures off my phone from when my buddy wrecked his dads lightning...sorry they are from my camera phone...but the truck is getting fixed, there wasnt any frame damage..

paul1.bmp

untitled2.bmp

untitled3.bmp

untitled4.bmp

untitled5.bmp

untitled.bmp

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
he launched at a light, spun, caught traction, and then it yanked him in the grass and he ran over 2 trees headon(small trees) and was going headon to a big ass tree when he got the truck to spin and hit the bed instead of head on...he and my sisters boyfriend were on the way to my house when i came around the turn and saw who it was i sped up and checked to make sure they were ok bc i didnt see them...the cops were giving me shit for 1. having the same truck and 2 because i pulled in between 2 cop cars and they said i was blocking traffic

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Ouch, my dad would have killed me.
his dad thought about it after he made sure his son was ok...but instead he took the other lightning away and now they are trying to sell it. My friend paul who wrecked that truck doesnt want to have anything to do with lightnings, or anything with that much power anymore...so he got a SRT4

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
reminds me of my silver truck... i broke my rear axle once, then flew into a 4 foot deep ditch twisting the frame and totaling the truck out

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
his dad thought about it after he made sure his son was ok...but instead he took the other lightning away and now they are trying to sell it. My friend paul who wrecked that truck doesnt want to have anything to do with lightnings, or anything with that much power anymore...so he got a SRT4

1) Glad nobody got hurt!

2) WHAT A FREAKIN DUMBASS :cuss: This kind of crap is why MY insurance rates go up! DO NOT DRIVE WHAT YOU CANNOT HANDLE! :bash: :bash:

I know there are MANY exceptions to the rule (LMR2 comes to mind and several other younger drivers who can handle it), but, in general, inexperienced kids have NO place at the throttle of 400HP!, period.

Sorry, rant off - this stuff just pisses me off. Completely at-fault, completely preventable, completely STUPID - OK rant really off now.

Herb

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
herb101 said:
1) Glad nobody got hurt!

2) WHAT A FREAKIN DUMBASS :cuss: This kind of crap is why MY insurance rates go up! DO NOT DRIVE WHAT YOU CANNOT HANDLE! :bash: :bash:

I know there are MANY exceptions to the rule (LMR2 comes to mind and several other younger drivers who can handle it), but, in general, inexperienced kids have NO place at the throttle of 400HP!, period.

Sorry, rant off - this stuff just pisses me off. Completely at-fault, completely preventable, completely STUPID - OK rant really off now.

Herb
its not really that he couldnt handle it..he has a 95 lightning with almost as much power...it was mainly the fact of him ****ing around and the shitty goodyears...the other bad thing was there was only liabilty(sp?) insurance bc the truck just got out of the shop and his dad didnt add the full coverage yet...so his dad is paying out of pocket...thats mainly why the 95 lightning is trying to be sold.....oh yeah...ur off with the hp numbers...add about another 450hp to it

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
ANOTHER 450? You saying that Lightning has 850hp????

Stewart
yeah...with that set up it should be alittle more but it hasnt been on the dyno and tuned yet after everything was done...thats with a KB, SHM, 300shot..an a few more things

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
yeah...with that set up it should be at more but it wasnt on the dyno and tuned yet after everything was done...the 850 was with the KB and SHM motor but it wasnt with a few other things

I thought all SHM motors were blown? ;-)

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
All that I can say is what a Dumb Ass. He has his Fathers Lightning and has no respect for his Father. Because of the way he was driving the Lightning and none for the power of the Lightning either. I would kick his ass from here to next year if I was his Dad :bash:

Last edited:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I thought all SHM motors were blown? ;-)
he blew the first one...

***I am going by what he told me...I know its got a 300shot, KB and a shit load of money invested in this truck....i know the truck is fast as shit, its never been to the track..he was going to put it on the dyno at Excessive Motorsports when NVLOPE had the dyno but he wrecked it before....but when the truck is fixed and back i will make sure to see a dyno sheet and everything...i dont wanna sound like those guys who are like"my friends dad has a 1000000hp lightning" kinda thing....

FordFanStan

Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
oh btw...i am getting the same wheels...the look so hot on a silver truck

Are they suppose to be charcoal powder coated or something? It looks like there just caked with brake dust to me? Looked like it "WAS" a nice L though!

Users who are viewing this thread