Wrecked my truck already... =(

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
I just got it in March and I already wrecked it...

Was going to whataburger with a friend and their sprinklers were on and I guess my Nitto's didn't like it for a second and decided to hydroplane for just a second (going like 15 :shrug:, but I was in the middle of turning) and swerved...and I jerked the wheel back since there were like 2 cars I was about to hit and I hit my buddy who decided to stop and watch :dw: instead of getting out of the way...

He had a 97 Single cab Chevy...it took some damage in the drivers side door...but who cares...my baby's fender, bumper, surrounding grill piece will all have to be replaced. :cryying:

I'm taking it to get an estimate in about 45 minutes. I do have full coveage...so at least it will be covered.

Just a dumb night all around. :bash: Only good news lately for my truck is that Eric is sending me a extra Schrader valve he had laying around for my fuel rail...lol

I will get pics of it tonight to post. :mj:

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Yeh Nittos and water do not mix at all, glad to see at least this happened going 15mph and not 80. A fender, bumper and grill doesn't seem like too much damage.

Scarpino

Established Member
Yeh Nittos and water do not mix at all, glad to see at least this happened going 15mph and not 80. A fender, bumper and grill doesn't seem like too much damage.

it really doesnt seem like that much damage...but I'm not the one paying for the deductable...

Sorry to hear about your accident though. :nonono:

s|ck

Established Member
WTF Man! What were you doing at Whataburger in the first place? Thats like the worst place ever! :xpl:

But sorry to hear about your truck, here's to a speedy recovery :beer:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Hunter, you can now contact ChrisNelson and get a set of upper and lower grills for less than the stockers :)

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I do have full coveage...so at least it will be covered.

:mj:

thats prolly not a good idea to report it because most likely it will be labeled as "driver error" and your rates are gonna go up and cost you more in the long run

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
thats prolly not a good idea to report it because most likely it will be labeled as "driver error" and your rates are gonna go up and cost you more in the long run

1: it will be labeled as driver error as it was....driver error
2: you can have your ins. write an estimate for you...if you decide not to let them handle the dmgs (not too far over you ded) then no harm...they won't count it against you unless they pay out.
3: Most ins. companies now-a-days have accident forgiveness as the competition is demanding it. If you don't have accident forgiveness, now is a good time to shop for ins.

Sorry to hear about the truck. You pay premiums for a reason. At least you weren't racing

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
i have never had a problem with the nitto dr's in the rain(knock on wood), you just need to chill and talk it slow. i put 15000 miles on one pair so you could imagine hoe bald they were and i just took it easy ans that was making near 500hp with my 2.6 kb

thats sucks though hope you get it pixed soon

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
damp roads plus nitto dr's = 15,000. of damage for me. you got very lucky.

lol your telling me i dont drive it that often and when they got close to that i didnt drive it in the rain unless it just happen to get stuck in it...and at the time i didnt have the money for new ones :bash:

but when they were good never had problems in the rain if i chilled and just drove like any other truck

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
That sucks dude! Glad you were going slow and that no one got hurt. Fixing your truck is easier than helping some through physical rehab.

Users who are viewing this thread