Writing Instruments

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
If you got 'em post 'em up fellas..

I'll start:

So the wife and I celebrated our 1yr anniversary this weekend and I must say I couldn't be any luckier to have such a beautiful and loving wife! So apparently for the 1st yr anniversary it is accustomed to gift either paper (traditional) or clocks (modern) to your significant other. My wife knows I love my Meisterstuck so she surprised me with this exquisite instrument!

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Pernambuco

6D009418-90CE-4496-BF10-11CB5BEBE830-2515-0000017EB7B3BB62.jpg

8B8B7B56-FC7D-4A84-9258-4D019C7D37FB-2515-0000017EB495987D.jpg

7CF8B024-2222-4815-9C14-109CFB87D163-2515-0000017EB16C7FB1.jpg

294B0DBA-10F2-42A3-9B12-AE23B480121A-2515-0000017EADDBF92D.jpg

677290BB-DA7F-4F41-8393-97124F0B7CEE-2515-0000017EA9F9703D.jpg

"With its minimalist design, the Intuition Platino Wood stands out from the crowd. Following the highly polished precious resin models, this series of writing instruments with its characteristic trumpet shape now includes a barrel made of the finest grooved hardwoods: The brown Pernambuco and the dark brown Gernadilla enrich the collection with two more extraordinary versions. Due to their slow growth, the certified exotic woods are very tough and therefore time-consuming in their manufacture."

Last edited:

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
wait so my 99 cent pen does the same thing as this ?

Yes. Just like a Kia Rio does the same as a Rolls Royce. It's not for everyone.

looks nice, whats something like that cost?

$425 + T... So ~$460.00 depending on tax rate..

I cannot spend more than 39 cents on a pen.

And even at that price it gets swiped in less than a week.

That's unfortunate that you associate with people who would steal from you, time for new surroundings.. :nonono:

About $400 bucks.

Close enough..

Must be nice to blow 400 bucks on a stupid pen, id have rather had a BJ.

:lol:

Btw here is mine.
nepegyda.jpg

+1

This pen flat out performs. :rockon:

Lmao... You guys crack me up!! :lol: All kidding aside, that is a great pen.. Great complimentary piece to the box of crayons in your backpack..

$400 for a damn pen?!

I know... Rediculous! :lol1:

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
I like my Parker IM. Blue one and a gunmetal one I would like something more top of the line though

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I know... Rediculous! :lol1:

*Ridiculous :p

While I do agree that spending hundreds on something like a pen can seem silly, I understand the draw. It's the same reason I wear a Tag instead of a Timex. I won't lie, I want a Montblanc Starwalker.

99cobra302

Established Member
While I would not spend that much money on a pen I understand why someone would. That pen does look very nice. How does it write?

There is a whole thread on nice expensive watches, when a $5 Timex tells the same time.

There was a thread about expensive jeans as well.

This is a site filled with high horsepower Mustangs when the base V6 will still get you around.

I see no reason to bash this guys super nice pen.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I like it. I'd never do it because I'd lose it!! :(

I use Pilot V5's -- 25 bucks a box, but I can't stand those shitty Bic pens.

oldmodman

Established Member
"That's unfortunate that you associate with people who would steal from you, time for new surroundings.. "

Unfortunately, they are called customers.

You hand them a pen to sign an invoice, or so they can change something in a requirement and they just automatically put the pen in their pocket.

I like buying the 100 pen box of fake Bics at Costco. So than when they are taken the taker has a crappy pen that has an open tip and will probably only write for a week anyway.

Cos

Established Member
Very nice. If you are in a professional environment singing contracts and docs nothing beats it. Personally I never got into pens but I make sure my watch pops haha.

Lol at people in this thread. Anyone bought a bigger supercharger? What about a nice watch? What about replace your rims or tires early or for more money? :lol:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
While I would not spend that much money on a pen I understand why someone would. That pen does look very nice. How does it write?
I would be pissed off if someone spent 400 bucks on a pen for me. I would rather have about a million things than a 400 dollar pen.
There is a whole thread on nice expensive watches, when a $5 Timex tells the same time.
this is true. as a matter of fact the 5 dollar timex will out last some of those ridiculously overpriced watches. I have a 10 dollar timex that except for the battery lasted the entire 8 years I was in Iraq and is still running.
stupid money spent on jeans in that thread.
This is a site filled with high horsepower Mustangs when the base V6 will still get you around.
not nearly an apples to apples comparison. since the high horsepower stang will out perform the base v6. but the 400 dollar pen will not out perform the 99 cent bic.
I didn't either till post 10. snobbery attitude is a bad as those guys bashing the pen.

In reality his girl bought him a high priced pen. good for him.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Nice pen, to each their own, some people like that stuff, i personally have shitty handwriting so it wouldn't do me any justice, however, i have seen some people who's writing is awesome, for them yes.

I prefer the military style pens, my Navy pens are always reliable, (black w/ silver tip), can write report to pulling apart weapons.....all day errrday

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
I like my Parker IM. Blue one and a gunmetal one I would like something more top of the line though

Parkers are very nice pens as well!

*Ridiculous :p

While I do agree that spending hundreds on something like a pen can seem silly, I understand the draw. It's the same reason I wear a Tag instead of a Timex. I won't lie, I want a Montblanc Starwalker.

Haha.. You got me.. Some people get it some people don't and never will.. Montblanc just came out with a rose gold Starwalker that I wouldn't mind adding to the collection..

Smooth and sharp! Even with your explanation some will still scratch their heads.. :beer:

I like it. I'd never do it because I'd lose it!! :(

I use Pilot V5's -- 25 bucks a box, but I can't stand those shitty Bic pens.

Thanks! Tie a string to it.. Lol.. :beer:

"That's unfortunate that you associate with people who would steal from you, time for new surroundings.. "

Unfortunately, they are called customers.

You hand them a pen to sign an invoice, or so they can change something in a requirement and they just automatically put the pen in their pocket.

I like buying the 100 pen box of fake Bics at Costco. So than when they are taken the taker has a crappy pen that has an open tip and will probably only write for a week anyway.

Haha! Well then you're doing the smart thing.. Open tip, they'll learn their lesson if it leaks..

Very nice. If you are in a professional environment singing contracts and docs nothing beats it. Personally I never got into pens but I make sure my watch pops haha.

Lol at people in this thread. Anyone bought a bigger supercharger? What about a nice watch? What about replace your rims or tires early or for more money? :lol:

Thank you sir! To most a "pen" only serves one purpose, to others it does more.. :beer:

I would be pissed off if someone spent 400 bucks on a pen for me. I would rather have about a million things than a 400 dollar pen.
this is true. as a matter of fact the 5 dollar timex will out last some of those ridiculously overpriced watches. I have a 10 dollar timex that except for the battery lasted the entire 8 years I was in Iraq and is still running.
stupid money spent on jeans in that thread.
not nearly an apples to apples comparison. since the high horsepower stang will out perform the base v6. but the 400 dollar pen will not out perform the 99 cent bic.
I didn't either till post 10. snobbery attitude is a bad as those guys bashing the pen.

In reality his girl bought him a high priced pen. good for him.

Snobbery attitude huh? Please elaborate.. You're mad, it's clear. You have no clue what you speak of but insist to jibberjabber like you do..

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
W.B.

Pick up one of his books you might learn something, it's never too late..

Cheer up! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread