wrong dob

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
i lice in tomball tx. i have had the wrong dob on my license for aroud 3 years now just never really been to movated to go get it changed. well its coming up on my birthday in march when im really turning 20 my license will say im turning 21. main reason i am worried about changing it is im going on a cruise is roughly one year. just wanted too know the steps and how much trouuble i can maybe get into.:shrug:

thank you for all the help

fake

Established Member
Not good bro. Having conflicting info on stuff like that is just asking for it. Your license will say your dob is xx-xx-19xx. If you are checked by your soc, it will say something different. It will raise some concerns. You need to get it fixed asap. You will probably have to get a certified birth certificate before you go into the dmv.

Worse case senario, you get arrested for wrong information on your DL. Could range from a Misd to a felony. Depends on what you would be charged with.

Last edited:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
If I was investigating this I'm going to look at the day, month and the year. Obviously to see what numeric (s) is off. The I'm going to take a look at the paperwork, driver license applicantion you signed and swore to. This will be the key.
If you lied, its falsifying a government document. I believe a 3rd degree felony. Which will open a can of worms. If its a mistake, then it would need correcting.
Then I would look to see what if anything how you benefited by this.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
So....just get it fixed. :shrug:

And next time they ask you to look over your license to make sure everything is correct....Do it.

oldmodman

Established Member
I had the wrong middle name on my DL for over 30 years. Each time I went to the DMV I notified them of the error, and when I got my renewed license the error was still there.

Either the DMV employees just can't spell (very probable since the median IQ there seemed to be right at the level of a snail) or they just didn't like my middle name.

Anyway, it's still wrong and I have now had a license in California since 1969.

And I have shown the DMV my birth certificate, my passport, and my SS# card.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Well I guess if you have tried to get it corrected, them you've done all you can do. In Texas, you have to have a certified copy of your birth certificate.

BlueByYou2004

Established Member
I had the wrong middle name on my DL for over 30 years. Each time I went to the DMV I notified them of the error, and when I got my renewed license the error was still there.

Either the DMV employees just can't spell (very probable since the median IQ there seemed to be right at the level of a snail) or they just didn't like my middle name.

Anyway, it's still wrong and I have now had a license in California since 1969.

And I have shown the DMV my birth certificate, my passport, and my SS# card.

I've seen this before, a few times actually. My brother tried to correct the spelling of his middle name "Mathew" to "Matthew" because that's how you spell it. He received 3 licenses before it was finally corrected. It was a huge annoyance for him to get that corrected.

Not too sure how the OP could have benefited much from being 1 year older. Other than being able to do things that 18 year olds can do when he was 17. I wonder if they will look at the issue date and wonder why you waited until now to get it changed. I can be a procrastinator myself sometimes, but so many important things count on your license and ss card matching up and be legit, that's probably something that should have been corrected right away. Good luck.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
I've seen this before, a few times actually. My brother tried to correct the spelling of his middle name "Mathew" to "Matthew" because that's how you spell it. He received 3 licenses before it was finally corrected. It was a huge annoyance for him to get that corrected.

Not too sure how the OP could have benefited much from being 1 year older. Other than being able to do things that 18 year olds can do when he was 17. I wonder if they will look at the issue date and wonder why you waited until now to get it changed. I can be a procrastinator myself sometimes, but so many important things count on your license and ss card matching up and be legit, that's probably something that should have been corrected right away. Good luck.

the only thing that i benifited was being able to go dancing thats all.
there really no good excuse to as why i havent not got it done yet time,work just busy but not a good excuse. I do not remember if i it had the right date one the thing that i did sign saying everythin was right i remember seeing it right when i got the hard copy of it

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well I guess if you have tried to get it corrected, them you've done all you can do. In Texas, you have to have a certified copy of your birth certificate.
urmmmm not really. When I went and got mine I didn't have a copy of my birthcertificate certified or otherwise. maybe you are talking about new kids driving?

and as long as we are on the subject. you have reminded me I have to go to the courthouse to get the paperwork to force Texas DMV to change my name on mine LOL

musclefan21

Established Member
I bet you if you were actually turning 21 and your DL was showing that you were turning 20, you wouldn't post this thread and would have it corrected by now...

Last edited:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Yes sir, on newbie drivers is what I meant to say. But, if he is going to try to get it corrected, the driver license clerks will need the certified birth certificate to compare it with. Also we need to take a look at his sworn affidavit. Fyi, the hospital birth certificate copy will not suffice.
Name change?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yes sir, on newbie drivers is what I meant to say. But, if he is going to try to get it corrected, the driver license clerks will need the certified birth certificate to compare it with. Also we need to take a look at his sworn affidavit. Fyi, the hospital birth certificate copy will not suffice.
Name change?

yeah .. MY Virginia license had my first initial, middle name, last name. the DMV said I HAD to have what was on my SS card and that I could NOT use what was on my VA drivers license, in spite of the fact I had been using my name that way for 40 years, and it was in my IRS stuff and my passport. so I said fine, and went and had my SS card changed to first initial, middle name, last name. went back to the DMV and they said it didn't matter what my SS card said unless I got a court order they weren't going to change it. I vowed that very day that as soon as I got done in Iraq that was close to the top of the list. Make those bastards pay LOL.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
the only thing that i benifited was being able to go dancing thats all.
there really no good excuse to as why i havent not got it done yet time,work just busy but not a good excuse. I do not remember if i it had the right date one the thing that i did sign saying everythin was right i remember seeing it right when i got the hard copy of it

imageqcu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread