Wrong Info on Ticket???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwboring

Established Member
If the LEO puts the incorrect date on the ticket (2007 not 2008), is it possible to get the ticketed dismissed (failure to stop)?? What is the best action to take? The biggest problem is i live 7 hours away from where i got the ticket (went home to West Virginia for memorial day) and i am on a pretrial diversion in Indiana...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If the LEO puts the incorrect date on the ticket (2007 not 2008), is it possible to get the ticketed dismissed (failure to stop)?? What is the best action to take? The biggest problem is i live 7 hours away from where i got the ticket (went home to West Virginia for memorial day) and i am on a pretrial diversion in Indiana...

No. It can be amended in court by the officer so you are SOL on that count.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Pay it and be done, unless of course you are innocent. Clerical errors are not grounds for dismissal.

rwboring

Established Member
Pay it and be done, unless of course you are innocent. Clerical errors are not grounds for dismissal.

well like i said i would but im on a pretrail diversion so if i get another ticket withiin a year "i get the other one" which is reckless.... so it could be a9 pointer...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Ouch..........I think that noise you just heard was the other shoe dropping. They provide the diversion program as an incentive - some folks actually appreciate the break!

Some don't...........:shrug:

rwboring

Established Member
honestly **** the "incentive" i know people that have gotten 3+ DUIs and still drive... i got a 15+ over speeding ticket going to work on a day that i had off (july 4th) (which doesnt matter) but i feel im an honest citizen who doesnt drive drunk and get caught... there are people everyday in the system that get away with shit... but i pay over 1000$ in the damn ticket and get a rolling stop at 2am where you can see no cars are coming and it could **** it all up and get my licences taken away and my insurence doubled... i just think thats complete BS and the system is ****ed... i know this is going to get deleted but whatever

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
honestly **** the "incentive" i know people that have gotten 3+ DUIs and still drive...
yeah we all have heard/seen the stories. not a good thing at all
i got a 15+ over speeding ticket going to work on a day that i had off (july 4th) (which doesnt matter) but i feel im an honest citizen who doesnt drive drunk and get caught...
so you do drive drunk, but you just don't get caught? if this is what you are saying that does not make you an honest citizen. actually it IS what you said, not sure if it is what you meant to say
there are people everyday in the system that get away with shit... but i pay over 1000$ in the damn ticket and get a rolling stop at 2am where you can see no cars are coming and it could **** it all up and get my licences taken away and my insurence doubled...
maybe if you had paid more time and attention to your driving you would not be in the predicament that you are in. so you think just because others scam the system that you should be allowed to as well?
i just think thats complete BS and the system is ****ed... i know this is going to get deleted but whatever
I don't think anyone is going to argue that the system has problems. Personally I don't see how YOUR problems are the systems fault however.

rwboring

Established Member
well i also know people that have gotten in multiple accidents and had not gotten anything for them (and yes they were turned in and such)... honestly ive taken a breathalizer but it was a .019... ive never been dumb enough to worry about anything higher... all im saying is... you have low lives that do it everyday and ive busted my ass to be where i am so yeah i have a couple flaw... but when i went in for my speeding ticket there were at least 25 mexicans that got pulled over and had no licences... what do they get... a damn fine... i think they should be sent back to mexico and not just have a slap on the wrist... while im set paying taxes on what i make legally... ok im done getting on that subject... but once again the system is so screwed up... i just still dont see the point in being an ass to someone who does a rolling stop at 2am where you can see lights both ways and see if cars are coming... its just a little much

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Somehow I knew it wouldn't take long before we would see the real reason why you decided to post in the Donut Shop. Your mommy told you to suck it up and be a man, but you decided to come here and whine. What a waste of bandwidth.

Adam, please send this weenie whiner down the road.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Smackdown would be a good place for him in my opinion LOL

rwboring

Established Member
Somehow I knew it wouldn't take long before we would see the real reason why you decided to post in the Donut Shop. Your mommy told you to suck it up and be a man, but you decided to come here and whine. What a waste of bandwidth.

Adam, please send this weenie whiner down the road.

:lol: the fact is from all the LEO officers ive meet or know... there are a few bad seeds with control problems... i asked a simple question then you had come back and be an ass... so what about the next thread about exhaust or improper swerving... to me the smaller tickets are better to get out of then DUI's thats my take on things... i did a rolling stop i didnt hit anyone head on and if you were at the situation you would see this isnt a big town in california it is west virginia... ive never had a problem with state troops its always the small town LEO's that seem to be a pain...

and in my opinion you should ask Adam to ban me... it will make me laugh because you started shit in the first place... all i asked was if i might have an argument... thats a yes or no answer... no reason for you to be a dick...

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
You received several answers, you chose to delineate responsibility for the situation to the issuing officer and the "system" which you claim is flawed and let's not forget the 25 unlicensed mexicans..............it's their fault too; right? Afterall, there are real criminals who need attention, not just the repeat traffic law offenders.

But just to be fair; answers to your questions;

Wrong information on ticket grounds for dismissal? NO

Best action to take? PAY THE FINE

Oh, BTW - your biggest problem is not the fact you live 7 hours away from where you were issued the citation. Your biggest problem stares back at you every time you step in front of a mirror.

Have a great day.

ZChaos0026

Established Member
No, actually what happened is you asked a question, recieved and answer, and were not happy with said answer. Our job is to enforce the law. all of them, and if you arent happy with the way something in our system works, contact your congressman and try to change it. We dont pick and choose which laws to enforce. You got stopped and were cited. Does it suck??? Yes. Are there people out there who deserve a more harsh punishment for what they do? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No.

We arent omnipresent and dont catch every single person that breaks a law. In fact from a traffic stand point, we probably catch less much less than half of traffic offenders on the roadway. Does that mean you should whine to us about how you dont think its fair you have to pay a fine for a law you broke? No.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
You keep stating there were no other cars anywhere around this said intersection in the middle of nowhere...yet...a police officer was apparently fairly close in order to notice you did not come to a complete stop at a stop sign. So..your theory of no traffic is apparently false.

Thank you, try again. Pay the fine, move on. Learn to drive.

rwboring

Established Member
well like i said i would but im on a pretrail diversion so if i get another ticket withiin a year "i get the other one" which is reckless.... so it could be a9 pointer...

all i was getting at is i would rather try to not have it on the licences so i ask a simple question if that would be justifiable... i got the answer "no" and thats fine...

You received several answers, you chose to delineate responsibility for the situation to the issuing officer and the "system" which you claim is flawed and let's not forget the 25 unlicensed mexicans..............it's their fault too; right? Afterall, there are real criminals who need attention, not just the repeat traffic law offenders.

But just to be fair; answers to your questions;

Wrong information on ticket grounds for dismissal? NO

Best action to take? PAY THE FINE

Oh, BTW - your biggest problem is not the fact you live 7 hours away from where you were issued the citation. Your biggest problem stares back at you every time you step in front of a mirror.

Have a great day.

Honestly i don't feel i have any problems... i made the check out and sent it already anyway... the comment about being that far away is because i couldn't just go ask the LEO so i figured id throw it on here... id have to take a day off of work to go so why lose the vacation time to take care of a ticket... (which i know would happen anyway if i would plea not guilty because of the date being issued wrong...

No, actually what happened is you asked a question, recieved and answer, and were not happy with said answer. Our job is to enforce the law. all of them, and if you arent happy with the way something in our system works, contact your congressman and try to change it. We dont pick and choose which laws to enforce. You got stopped and were cited. Does it suck??? Yes. Are there people out there who deserve a more harsh punishment for what they do? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No.

We arent omnipresent and dont catch every single person that breaks a law. In fact from a traffic stand point, we probably catch less much less than half of traffic offenders on the roadway. Does that mean you should whine to us about how you dont think its fair you have to pay a fine for a law you broke? No.

This is also correct not everyone is caught and i never said they were... and the fine is not the part that bothers me... there are flaws in all systems...

rwboring

Established Member
You keep stating there were no other cars anywhere around this said intersection in the middle of nowhere...yet...a police officer was apparently fairly close in order to notice you did not come to a complete stop at a stop sign. So..your theory of no traffic is apparently false.

Thank you, try again. Pay the fine, move on. Learn to drive.

parked along the road with his lights off... i saw the car there didnt realize what it was till the headlights came on so i just pulled over as soon as i saw the headlights come on...

my point is left right left right... no head lights 5mph pull out... cars park off that road that car pull... once again if you dont know the area then you dont know what im talking about... so back the **** off...

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
parked along the road with his lights off... i saw the car there didnt realize what it was till the headlights came on so i just pulled over as soon as i saw the headlights come on...

my point is left right left right... no head lights 5mph pull out... cars park off that road that car pull... once again if you dont know the area then you dont know what im talking about... so back the **** off...

So what you are saying here is that if you had known it was a police car you would have come to a complete stop, but otherwise you'd slide through as you did. Seems that you are actually the habitual traffic offender that you are complaining about, you just haven't been caught as often.

Suck it up and quit whining.:nonono:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

so THIS is how you run a stop sign .. I will have to remember this

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
honestly **** the "incentive" i know people that have gotten 3+ DUIs and still drive... i got a 15+ over speeding ticket going to work on a day that i had off (july 4th) (which doesnt matter) but i feel im an honest citizen who doesnt drive drunk and get caught... there are people everyday in the system that get away with shit... but i pay over 1000$ in the damn ticket and get a rolling stop at 2am where you can see no cars are coming and it could **** it all up and get my licences taken away and my insurence doubled... i just think thats complete BS and the system is ****ed... i know this is going to get deleted but whatever

Why post something you "know" is going to get deleted? If that is the case, then you are posting in violation of the rules, arent you? :shrug:

If you know people that have gotten three DUIs and still drive, you should go to court with the same attorney they used.

Also, if you dont like tickets, dont violate the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread