WTB: 1986 GT &/or 87-93 LX. (Located in MD-Will travel up to 450 miles)

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I did have an 86 that was similar that I ended up selling for 12k. That Bullitt I had for like 4 days and sold it for 28k. Then a sage green 85 notch and sold it lol.
Was the bullitt not what you expected or did you just get a good price to let it go? If you didnt buy that car then i was going to lol.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I found out a lot of info from the 3rd owner. It has the Trick Flow 360hp Twisted Wedge top end kit. Which includes the upper/lower manifold, 170cc heads, Track Max stage 1 cam, TF 1.6 Roller Rockers, and a lot more.

Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L TFS-K514-360-350

The car definitely needs a tune as it definitely doesn't feel as strong as it should. Very similar to how my buddy's 86 GT feels which has a 331 stroker with similar mods, but he has a Pro-M stand-alone ECU. I want the MegaSquirt ECU for mine. It definitely should feel a lot stronger after a tune. My WRX which ran 20.5lbs of boost, TBE, TMIC, all stock bottom end felt like it was not pulling it's weight. After I got it tuned and had a DW 265lph fuel pump installed it made 308/339 and felt like a completely different car. It was a turbo, AWD car, but the power numbers should be pretty close on the dyno for the Mustang after it's tuned.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Was the bullitt not what you expected or did you just get a good price to let it go? If you didnt buy that car then i was going to lol.

When I bought it I had planned on daily driving it. After getting it there was a laundry list of things I wanted to change and at that point it was going to turn into a project... which I didn't want. Not that they were things that needed fixing but just not my preference. When I was at mustang week I put the car through its paces and the heat soak was something else... I wasn't a fan of that. For 650hp, it was fun but my fox feels more violent.... basically all those things and someone offering me a great amount, not having to worry about driving it back or shipping it back.... I decided to let it go.

Certainly wasn't the plan when I picked it up but all the circumstances... it was the best decision.

Users who are viewing this thread