WTB: 1989-93 coupe notchback

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you said 22.5. I was going to say 25k in todays market and if you give it a year or two it could be thirty. That's why I am in no hurry to sell mine.

trxcobra

Established Member
I know you mentioned not liking red, but this car just popped up on Albany CL.
38k miles, original owner and appears to be in good shape. Priced to sell $13.5k

1990 Ford Mustang

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd pass on that one. Looks like it was owned by a kid.
2 giant speaker boxes, MSD box randomly mounted underhood, extra switches in console, mustang badges on fender etc.
I know it is all easily fixable, but what aren't we seeing? Easy pass for me on that one.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Extra emblems, 2 giant speaker boxes, MSD box randomly mounted underhood, extra switches in console, mustang badges on fender etc.
I know it is all easily fixable, but what aren't we seeing? Easy pass for me on that one.
+1.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

trxcobra

Established Member
2 giant speaker boxes, MSD box randomly mounted underhood, extra switches in console, mustang badges on fender etc.

While I agree that the car is tastelessly modded, most of that stuff is pretty easy reversible. It states original owner, so maybe he was a kid when he bought it. According to the owner the car has no rust, body work or mechanical issues which are three huge pluses in today's market.

That said, I would probably keep looking as well

68gtscode

Established Member
For that price I could overlook those things. Same car totally unmolested would bring what...$4-6k more money?

I totally agree. That car looks like a great foundation to easily turn back into an unusually nice and low mile coupe. Yes, it has some minor distasteful mods, but it’s an original owner car! Guy probably bought it when he was young. At $13.5K you’d be starting off at a relatively low price point too. Heck, I need another mustang like I need a hole in the head, and I’m tempted to buy it! I’m starting to question the seriousness and/or judgement of the OP...

BYEPOLR

Established Member
For that price I could overlook those things. Same car totally unmolested would bring what...$4-6k more money?

I totally agree. That car looks like a great foundation to easily turn back into an unusually nice and low mile coupe. Yes, it has some minor distasteful mods, but it’s an original owner car! Guy probably bought it when he was young. At $13.5K you’d be starting off at a relatively low price point too. Heck, I need another mustang like I need a hole in the head, and I’m tempted to buy it! I’m starting to question the seriousness and/or judgement of the OP...
Precisely, those things are incredibly minor. A 1 owner, low mile, original paint, black interior notch for $13,500.
Edit: With that said I just watched the walkaround video and saw that there is a speaker in the center of the dash. If that means there's a sizable hole in the dash that changes things quite a bit. As far as the "Style". Believe or not in the early 90's this thing would have been a show winner. Seriously. Sad but true

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Keep questioning my seriousness to buy that's fine. I personally don't want a third red vehicle.

I'm patiently holding off until this weekend to see if Shawn sells his green coupe. He has two people looking at it. I'm the third one in line.

I'm sure it will sell, but that's the one I've been most interested in since February 1st.

Sorry I'm not made of money, and want to make sure I'm happy with whatever I buy...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

It's not necessarily the mods It's the fact it was owned by a kid, so there is probably more that we are not seeing.

Edit: A big hole in the dashboard would be one example of what I was just saying.

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
Keep questioning my seriousness to buy that's fine. I personally don't want a third red vehicle.

I'm patiently holding off until this weekend to see if Shawn sells his green coupe. He has two people looking at it. I'm the third one in line.

I'm sure it will sell, but that's the one I've been most interested in since February 1st.

Sorry I'm not made of money, and want to make sure I'm happy with whatever I buy...

Okay guys, like mentioned above it's probably a good idea to list my deal breakers.

1) The car MUST be rust free? I've had a few people show me cars what they consider rust free. It seems to differ from what I consider rust free.

2) Clean Carfax, no accidents, salvage title ect.

3) Clean interior, no rips or tears.

4) Paint and body, no major scratches or dents. New paint is fine if done right. Body must be straight.

5) I prefer a original 5.0 EFI, 5 spd car. If the car is super clean I may consider a AOD.

6) No carb setup, must be EFI. Stock to mild mods are fine.

7) Colors: I'm open to anything really, but my least desired colors are bright red, and black. My favorite colors are; emerald green, reef blue, electric red, strawberry red, silver, grays, and others blues I'm forgetting.

My budget is around 15k. Which I feel should be able to get me a solid car. This price includes auto transportation if I can't fly in and drive home. But I've seen people asking 15k for hacked up ones.

I'm having a hard time mainly because I sold my super clean 92 notch in 09 for 10,500. It had 39k original miles, and only 1 of 176 coupes in that color made that year. I've come to realize I won't find one like that anymore for 15k or less.

Considering #7 of your deal breakers, your most recent feedback about red is not consistent. This is where my comment is coming from...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
He clearly said he does not want BRIGHT RED.
That car looks bright red to me. Where is the inconsistency???

68gtscode

Established Member
He clearly said he does not want BRIGHT RED.
That car looks bright red to me. Where is the inconsistency???

No, he said "I'm open to anything really, but my least desired colors are bright red, and black." I interpret this to mean that while he prefers other colors, he is still open to red and black. He goes on to say that "My favorite colors are; emerald green, reef blue, electric red, strawberry red, silver, grays, and others blues I'm forgetting." This statement that electric red and strawberry red (two different colors that are both "red") are his favorite colors, is inconsistent with his last post, where he said "I personally don't want a third red vehicle."

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No, he said "I'm open to anything really, but my least desired colors are bright red, and black." I interpret this to mean that while he prefers other colors, he is still open to red and black. He goes on to say that "My favorite colors are; emerald green, reef blue, electric red, strawberry red, silver, grays, and others blues I'm forgetting." This statement that electric red and strawberry red (two different colors that are both "red") are his favorite colors, is inconsistent with his last post, where he said "I personally don't want a third red vehicle."

Now your are just being silly. You obviously are aware that the other reds are not bright red. As long as you are not color blind, you can see that this car is Bright Red.
Still don't see any confusion.

Like saying you prefer Laser Red to Rio Red. It's not rocket science.

68gtscode

Established Member
^ Fair enough. I'm actually not trying to be an ass and would genuinely like to help the OP, like others in this thread. It just seems that a number of cars have been offered but the OP seems to find something, however minor, to not be of his liking. It's fine if the OP is very particular about what he wants- it would save everyone time and frustration if he was very clear about this specific criteria.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^ Fair enough. I'm actually not trying to be an ass and would genuinely like to help the OP, like others in this thread. It just seems that a number of cars have been offered but the OP seems to find something, however minor, to not be of his liking. It's fine if the OP is very particular about what he wants- it would save everyone time and frustration if he was very clear about this specific criteria.

I thought he was quite specific when he gave us his list.

In this thread, Bdubbs kinda reminds me of how my father was. He looked high and low for a Falcon Ranchero for years and years. Yet there was always something wrong with the car he would go look at. Rust, bad color, wrong options, ugly wheels, wrong color interior, too far away, etc. Of course this was back in the day if the Auto Hunter and Want Ad, no world wide web.
Lol, he never DID find that car. Maybe one day I will, and I wish the best for my buddy Dubbs in his search.

Users who are viewing this thread