WANTED: WTB 2007 OEM Exhaust & Catted Pipes

Boostedtres

Established Member
Hello --

I am currently in the process of selling my 2007 Shelby GT500 with 57k miles. It currently has a lethal O/R H-Pipe and Roush Extreme CBE. I have found that it is a little too loud for the average buyer or trade in, and am looking either for a full OEM exhaust (no headers) with cats, or a catted H/X pipe to put on the car for easier trade in.

Does not need to be in perfect condition, but needs to fit and function properly.

Car is currently located outside of the Philadelphia area, but if I do not sell soon, it will be in Charlotte NC. Obviously local pick up/cash buy would be easiest, but open to shipping from established members.

Thank you all for the help, and if anyone is interested in a super clean 07, I will have it posted in the FS section soon.

take care and stay safe, all.

Ryan

BlackStang00

Established Member
If you can’t find anything closer I have a set of used Gt premium axle backs collecting dust, though I don’t know if they’re the same as what’s on the gt500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boostedtres

Established Member
If you can’t find anything closer I have a set of used Gt premium axle backs collecting dust, though I don’t know if they’re the same as what’s on the gt500.

Thanks for the post. I will have to do some research. Its a 2.5 inch system, so not sure what the GT is. Do the axle backs come with cats? Regretting selling my catted system, but have a catted system on these cars seems ridiculous! Ha. I will do some research and check. FL isnt that far from NC, esp since I will be at Road ATL in upcoming month. No sure on shipping. If it fits maybe we can make something work!

Boostedtres

Established Member
Ended with a duplicate post, somehow. Will remove this post, or if mods could remove it I would appreciate it. The other thread is below:

Willie

Established Member
The Mustang GT came with two different mufflers. the automatic transmission got ones marked "AOA" on the inlet pipe, whereas the 5-speed got "MAN". The 5-speed mufflers are one notch louder. Ironically, the GT500 came with the quieter "AOA" mufflers. I do not know why....

Boostedtres

Established Member
Interesting talking points. Learned something new! I need the catted mid pipes, not just the axle backs. I actually love the sound of my exhaust, but understand different states have different emissions "requirements" ha. Thanks!

BlackStang00

Established Member
Thanks for the post. I will have to do some research. Its a 2.5 inch system, so not sure what the GT is. Do the axle backs come with cats? Regretting selling my catted system, but have a catted system on these cars seems ridiculous! Ha. I will do some research and check. FL isnt that far from NC, esp since I will be at Road ATL in upcoming month. No sure on shipping. If it fits maybe we can make something work!

No it’s just the axle backs and it’s the same diameter 2.5”. Just let me know.

Boostedtres

Established Member
Thank you BlackStang -- I do not need axle backs. That is my mistake for misreading your post. I need the mid pipe with cats. I had the JBA 3inch fully catted x-pipe and their CBE, but it sounded terrible. I should have kept the cats, but $ was hard to pass. I am looking for a mid pipe with cats that will "officially" pass emissions no problem (at a dealer).

Thank you for the messages. I will forward your FS info to some Shelby friends.

Ryan

BlackStang00

Established Member
Thank you BlackStang -- I do not need axle backs. That is my mistake for misreading your post. I need the mid pipe with cats. I had the JBA 3inch fully catted x-pipe and their CBE, but it sounded terrible. I should have kept the cats, but $ was hard to pass. I am looking for a mid pipe with cats that will "officially" pass emissions no problem (at a dealer).

Thank you for the messages. I will forward your FS info to some Shelby friends.

Ryan

No problem. I’m sure someone has a stock midpipe laying around they’re willing to part with or even a catted aftermarket midpipe. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread