Wtb 2013/2014 gt 500 or should I go with a 350 350r

mustangsinnj

Established Member
Been looking around thinking if I should buy a 2015-2017 350 or 350r and throwing the hennessey package. I have seen guys talk bad and said watch out. I live on the east coast so I know nothing about him. Or should I just go with 2013/2014 gt 500. The 2020 are out my price range. Gonna wait for a few years to get it.

flat_plane_eddie

Stay away from Hennessey. The GT350 and GT500 are different kinds of cars, I wouldn't "ruin" a GT350 with a blower or twin turbo set up. See if you can drive both and then you'll know which appeals more to you.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I would not even talk about a 350 if you are thinking Trinity GT500, a 350R can be considered if you are more into the road course track thing. If it's straight line "throw you in the back seat torque" then the R isn't going to cut it.

I would not ruin a R with adding power adders and stuff, that car is for curvy twisty canyon drives and hardcore race track handling, and sounds so good at 8000+rpms.

Tony

Captain_Kris73

Established Member
I totally agree with flat_plane_eddie.....stay away from Hennessey!!!! Very bad reviews and worst customer service ever. Previous owner put VenumR650 package on my car which sounds pretty cool. Venum....needless to say I contacted there service about where the decals should go and now after over a year I still haven't heard back. Oh wait....someone did email me after I put in a negative Google review, well that didn't go far.

blue 07

Established Member
If your looking to track the car then buy the R and don't touch it. If your want your passengers glasses to blow off there head when you shift into second gear, buy a GT500 ! (and it still handles insane too ) Yes I did take a buddy for a ride in my 13 GT500 (825 hp) this weekend and he had his sunglasses on the top of his head and I shifted into second and is glasses flew off hitting the top of the rear back seat ! He was laughing his ass off. Said it was the fastest car he had ever been in. Either way your going to get a pretty sweet ride.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Been looking around thinking if I should buy a 2015-2017 350 or 350r and throwing the hennessey package. I have seen guys talk bad and said watch out. I live on the east coast so I know nothing about him. Or should I just go with 2013/2014 gt 500. The 2020 are out my price range. Gonna wait for a few years to get it.
Jeez, buy my car already.....

JB’s_SVT

Established Member
I’m having the same dilemma. I like the bells and whistles of the GT350 along with the S550 platform but I test drove one and it didn’t feel that exciting to me while getting on it. I know it’s a cannon carver rather then a straight line car. I unfortunately haven’t had a chance to drive a 13-14 GT500 yet but from what I hear, it sounds like an awesome car. Decisions decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread