WTB: 96 - 98 IMRC controller box - must be broken

Norton 850

Established Member
Could not get that cap on the crossover tube to budge. I was going to fill each hose as much as possible before re-connecting, then fill from reservoir. That cap, i was going to leave off when starting.

Tillerman77

Established Member
I am not sure if you can get the system to burp air properly without getting the crossover cap off. You might want to ask that in a new post in the regular SN95 Cobra forum to get additional views and answers.

mastercorndog

Established Member
I am looking for an IMRC controller box (96-98 Cobra) that is non functional to take apart for research and potential repair. Hence, the box must be broken.

Let me know what you have and price.
I think I got one laying around let me check tomorrow in the attic what do these things even go for?

Tillerman77

Established Member
I now have a spare unit that works, so I don't really need one. If you discover you have one, let me know the price you want and I will consider it.
To answer your question, broken boxes can be repaired by Mark Olson (@mwolson) in CA. If you have one, don't toss it. The value of a broken (or untested) IMRC box is probably around $25 or so plus shipping. If the box is functional (electrical tests come out OK) and the cables and cable ends are in good shape, then they are worth more. As information, I have seen functional controllers sell between $50 to over $100. The market isn't huge, but there are those of us who choose to retain the engine with functional IMRC plates.

Users who are viewing this thread