WTB Black or DSG Coupe 2004 Cobra 20-40k Miles

04Struck

Established Member
As title states. Preferably mildly modified with black insert seats, oem chrome rims. Based out of SoCal but will travel for the right car. Cash on hand, no time wasted on trying to get bank loans or none of that.
Edit- 2/28/20
Open to Sonic Blue, and comp orange. What's comming this spring?

Last edited:

jtf8751

Established Member
I have an '03 black with only 23k miles that I'm thinking of selling for the right price, but you would have to bump it up a little bit. Asking 29.5k but has every mod you could probably name on it, but it's built right, no shit here. 633 whp on mustang dyno on pump gas, whippled, SRA, dual pumps, etc. If really interested i can shoot you over a list of mods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

04Struck

Established Member
@jtf8751 (didn't hit quote button)Some '03s were produced with 9 thread heads was yours one of them? That is why I'm leaning towards an 04 over 03 but as far as value they seem to be going for about the same. If yours has 9 thread heads we can talk.

tporter67

Established Member
@jtf8751 (didn't hit quote button)Some '03s were produced with 9 thread heads was yours one of them? That is why I'm leaning towards an 04 over 03 but as far as value they seem to be going for about the same. If yours has 9 thread heads we can talk.
If the better heads is important to you, look for one of the 10th anniversary cars. They were the last ones produced in 2003 and most of them had the better heads.

04Struck

Established Member
If the better heads is important to you, look for one of the 10th anniversary cars. They were the last ones produced in 2003 and most of them had the better heads.
I mean I guess it shouldn't really matter since there is alot of 4 thread cobra's making big power like yours without issues. Solid rear axle is what threw me off a little. I've done some research on it and not sure what's the big difference. I suppose SRA is more suitable if your going to 1/4 the car over taking it to a track? Not sure how to PM on here I'd like to get a picture of yours.

jtf8751

Established Member
No worries, I would have to find out about that and pull a plug and look. But honestly, I'm making good power and I've never had an issue and my tuner, Lee Blankenship, says its a non issue unless your just running boost at 30 lbs or something. And unless you have a built bottom end, I'm not gonna be running that much boost. Mine has the cooling mod on it also so I have no issues and I'm running 19-20 lbs boost making 633 whp on a conservative dyno.

if your interested let me know. The build is done right and has alot of great mods. The paint is probably 8/10 as I drive it quite a bit in the summer and has a few paint chips on bumper but again, its in excellent condition for an 03. The car alone in mods you could almost get your money back.

04Struck

Established Member
No worries, I would have to find out about that and pull a plug and look. But honestly, I'm making good power and I've never had an issue and my tuner, Lee Blankenship, says its a non issue unless your just running boost at 30 lbs or something. And unless you have a built bottom end, I'm not gonna be running that much boost. Mine has the cooling mod on it also so I have no issues and I'm running 19-20 lbs boost making 633 whp on a conservative dyno.

if your interested let me know. The build is done right and has alot of great mods. The paint is probably 8/10 as I drive it quite a bit in the summer and has a few paint chips on bumper but again, its in excellent condition for an 03. The car alone in mods you could almost get your money back.

By any chance did you keep the IRS components?

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Wouldn’t worry about what heads are on an 18yr old car.

I worry about what’s going to replace the part .
cost/availability

BrandonjPaling

I have an '03 black with only 23k miles that I'm thinking of selling for the right price, but you would have to bump it up a little bit. Asking 29.5k but has every mod you could probably name on it, but it's built right, no shit here. 633 whp on mustang dyno on pump gas, whippled, SRA, dual pumps, etc. If really interested i can shoot you over a list of mods.

If it's still forsale can you send me some pics 4028534659....thanks

BrandonjPaling

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pictures?

04Struck

Established Member
Bump, is anyone planning on taking some black coupes out from storage to sell in the spring?

04Struck

Established Member
No DSG’s made in 2004. They were only made in 2003.
My original post was just for an 04 black coupe but haven't had much luck, therefore I opened up to DSG knowing its 03 produced only and 4 thread heads which doesn't bother me as much as it used to. 04 Mystichrome,CO ,03 sonic blue are other colors I'm interested in just even harder to find.

Users who are viewing this thread