WTB: E85 Components for my 2012 GT500

HDHunter

Established Member
I am looking to switch to E85 with my 2012 GT500 . I need to know what components I'll need and see if someone has them for sale, thanks.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
With your setup all you should need is some ID1000's or ID1300's. TVS VERT I think may have a set of each on this section. Just search a page or two back and you should find him. I've got the ID1000's and they work great but I'll need to upgrade to the 1300's if I want to upgrade blowers.

HDHunter

Established Member
I have asked several people and no one can give me a straight answer, lol. So all i would need is a set of id1000 and not an entire Fore return style fuel system? I am only looking to get close to 750rwhp.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
I have asked several people and no one can give me a straight answer, lol. So all i would need is a set of id1000 and not an entire Fore return style fuel system? I am only looking to get close to 750rwhp.
You pmed me months ago and I gave you a fairly straight forward answer: 1000s plus a dual BAP. You don't need a return style fuel system with a stock blower and bottom end. If you're looking for more power in the future, go with 1300s. Lund has a '14 with the stock blower, bottom end, and return-less fuel system, they didn't run out of fuel until 800+ on E85. Their setup?: 1300s and a dual BAP.

HDHunter

Established Member
Thanks for the follow up answers. Not that I didn't believe you, I got recommendations recently saying....

"You'll need larger injectors than what you currently have and you should go to a return style fuel system. The 2007-2012 GT500 Fuel system is not compatible with E-85 (pumps) and they do not have the pump capacity necessary to support the 30-40% additional fuel necessary to run E-85. Some have use a Kenne Bell Competition Dual Boost A Pump and ramp base fuel pressure through the roof but it is not advised. Some people have done it and some have also vented their block doing it as well."

and this

" I'd go return style fuel system with the regulator after the rails and ID1300's. 1000's can run out of steam around 20 PSI."

thebuffalo11

Established Member
I too would like clarification. I've been told on my 08 I would need a complete return style, injectors, pumps, bap everything. Because 07-12 are not e85 capable. Please elaborate more. If all I need are injectors and bap, what have I waited so long for?? sign me up!

Last edited:

KingCobra07

Traction is a virtue
Established Member
I've got a set of ID2000's and An ATI 15% lower from my E85 car. both have under 3k miles. let me know if you're interested.

HDHunter

Established Member
I have a 10% ATI installed already and I think id2000 may be overkill for what I am looking for. I think at the most 1300's would be a little much too for the 750rw I am aiming for.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I have an '07 running E85. I'm not running a return style system. I did upgrade my pumps, lines, filter, rails, and injectors however. I'm also running a dual BAP. I'm sitting at 651rwhp with room to grow. I think the main reason people say the systems are not E85 compatible is because the filters can get clogged up and of course the pumps need boosting and the injectors need upgrading too. With a 12 you should be just fine with a BAP, ID1300's and I would include a stainless mesh filter. If you change your filter often enough you could get away without having the mesh filter. When you datalog you will find out if your setup will need more fuel or anything else. Down the line or if you find you want/need a return style system it wouldn't be that hard to do as one of the major expenses (injectors) will already be installed. HTH!

Edit: I would also talk with your tuner or VMP and see what they say. VMP tuned mine and have a ton of experience to back up their suggestions.

Last edited:

HDHunter

Established Member
I have an '07 running E85. I'm not running a return style system. I did upgrade my pumps, lines, filter, rails, and injectors however. I'm also running a dual BAP. I'm sitting at 651rwhp with room to grow. I think the main reason people say the systems are not E85 compatible is because the filters can get clogged up and of course the pumps need boosting and the injectors need upgrading too. With a 12 you should be just fine with a BAP, ID1300's and I would include a stainless mesh filter. If you change your filter often enough you could get away without having the mesh filter. When you datalog you will find out if your setup will need more fuel or anything else. Down the line or if you find you want/need a return style system it wouldn't be that hard to do as one of the major expenses (injectors) will already be installed. HTH!

Edit: I would also talk with your tuner or VMP and see what they say. VMP tuned mine and have a ton of experience to back up their suggestions.

thank you a lot. That is what I wanted to know. I know what direction to go now! Awesome.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Dual BAP and 1300's should get your goal. The stock pumps are fine in E85. My 04 Cobra is still running Ford GT pumps from 2009 and they are still running great! It is also running a 10 micron paper filter and has been since then. It has had zero issues. You don't NEED a stainless filter to run E85. The ONLY thing a stainless filter will help with is if you get water in your fuel it won't break down.

KingCobra07

Traction is a virtue
Established Member
I've also got a Fore dual pump hat with 2 310lph AEM green top E85 pumps if you DO want to run a return style setup. Make you a really good deal on it. 206-852-0158 for pics

Users who are viewing this thread