WTB Gray 03/04 cobra factory motorcraft oil filter!

HVACdude

Established Member
I know its a long shot but does anyone have a factory gray motorcraft oil filter for sale?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I checked eBay as a long shot, but nothing. It's going to be hard to find an original factory filter but patience might reward you. I believe you can have eBay alert you if an item you're looking for gets posted. Best of luck.

GT350R

Established Member
20190408_140734~2.jpg
Just a little late. I sold 6. Think I'm going to sit on the few I have left. I will try to let you know if I come across any more.

HVACdude

Established Member
I checked eBay as a long shot, but nothing. It's going to be hard to find an original factory filter but patience might reward you. I believe you can have eBay alert you if an item you're looking for gets posted. Best of luck.
Thanks for the tip cobrabob!

GT350R

Established Member
Yeah watch for fakes filters. Kind of why I posted the picture also. Someone was painting filters gray and selling them for a considerable amount of money on eBay.

The mod motor style have the embossed logo like shown. The 93 Cobra style have an ink printed stamp on the top. I had some on eBay, and someone started copying them after that.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Just curious, why do you want that filter? Do you plan on not driving the car? Good luck with the search, free bump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I had air filters, oil filters from the early 70's that brought $200 + on Ebay. The best one, was a used OEM trunk mounted battery from 1969 Boss
I know for some of those Concours, the judging likes to see all original, like dated tires, batteries, air filters, oil filters etc.
that sold for $1000

HVACdude

Established Member
I had air filters, oil filters from the early 70's that brought $200 + on Ebay. The best one, was a used OEM trunk mounted battery from 1969 Boss

that sold for $1000
Wow that’s crazy. Once in awhile for laughs I look at the price of oem boss 429 parts on eBay. It’s insane lol

GT350R

Established Member
Parts like that will usually make the rounds. They'll go in the car for a couple attempts at the highest show rating. Then the car gets regular parts put back on and sold.

I do the same thing with collecting NOS parts. Have been for 20 years , but got into the Terminator stuff pretty late.
I have a 2200 mile Fox coupe. If you search "41x mustang" you'll see a couple articles about it.

HVACdude

Established Member
Parts like that will usually make the rounds. They'll go in the car for a couple attempts at the highest show rating. Then the car gets regular parts put back on and sold.

I do the same thing with collecting NOS parts. Have been for 20 years , but got into the Terminator stuff pretty late.
I have a 2200 mile Fox coupe. If you search "41x mustang" you'll see a couple articles about it.
That’s so cool! I’ve read and seen your car a lot online. Since you have your finger on the pulse in terms of mustang value far more than me, what do you think the value of the terminators will be down the road?

GT350R

Established Member
That's such a tough question. I can twist the question around upper down a dozen different ways in comparison to the muscle cars.
The reality is it should do well because people like it, and it's made up of parts that are worth more than the actual car. It'll hit an equalization point when people stop parting them out for profit.

HVACdude

Established Member
That's such a tough question. I can twist the question around upper down a dozen different ways in comparison to the muscle cars.
The reality is it should do well because people like it, and it's made up of parts that are worth more than the actual car. It'll hit an equalization point when people stop parting them out for profit.
Good point, never thought about it from that perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread