WTB: Stock tire for 95 R BFG 255/45VR/17

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Need some original tire/s for my 95R....Not sure if the current BFG T/A is an exact match or not....If any of you out there have 1-2 tires available, please e-mail.....Also, any 93 or 2000 tires also, just for spares...Cars are for show right now, and I need correct matching tires....Low mileage used OK....Thanks, Guys.......

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
Need some original tire/s for my 95R....Not sure if the current BFG T/A is an exact match or not....If any of you out there have 1-2 tires available, please e-mail.....Also, any 93 or 2000 tires also, just for spares...Cars are for show right now, and I need correct matching tires....Low mileage used OK....Thanks, Guys.......

The original 95R BFG Comp T/A's are 255/45ZR17, not VR. They come up for sale from time to time on eBay, but not so much recently. The current KDW's and KDWS's are a BFG replacement, but the Comp T/A's have their own unique tread design.

The 2000R 265/40/18 KD's are readily available, however they are 200 Tread Wear replacements instead of the 100 Tread Wear which were original to the 00R and are now extremely hard to find. There is an eBay vendor who has some decent prices on the KD's (200 T.W.), a full set can be bought for under $500, Tirerack lists them for $234 ea.

The 93R Goodyear 245/45/17 Gatorbacks "were" still available as of last year. They are/were the last Gatorback size offered by Goodyear if they are still available.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was out in the garage this morning looking at a NOS 95R BFG Comp. T/A and comparing it to a new BFG KDW G-Force, they do have a similar tread, of course the sidewall lettering is completely different, but they (the KDW's) are a nice tire. I believe the KDW is being replaced by the KDW 2, it has a completely different tread design.

R

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
BFG 95R OEM Replacement Tires-Still Available, But Not For Long.......

:pepper: Well ...There Are Still A Few BFG Comp T/A 255/45VR 17 Tires That Are Available...BFG Item# 78528....the Only Difference Is That One Of The Plies Is Polyester Now, Instead Of Rayon (or Vice-versa), And That Is Noted On The Sidewall Ply Description....other Than That The Tire Is Identical.....Summit Racing Also Shows They Are Available....if Any Of You Guys Need Them, Or Would Like Some Spares, for your 95R's....Now Is The Time.........before they are gone.....165-175 each......

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member

:pepper: Well ...There Are Still A Few BFG Comp T/A 255/45VR 17 Tires That Are Available...BFG Item# 78528....the Only Difference Is That One Of The Plies Is Polyester Now, Instead Of Rayon (or Vice-versa), And That Is Noted On The Sidewall Ply Description....other Than That The Tire Is Identical.....Summit Racing Also Shows They Are Available....if Any Of You Guys Need Them, Or Would Like Some Spares, for your 95R's....Now Is The Time.........before they are gone.....165-175 each......

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:

That difference must have also down graded their speed rating to a VR, as the NOS sets I have all have their original stickers still on their treads with that same BFG Item #78528, but they definitly say 255/45ZR17, just like the originals that came on the 95R, not VR's.

Those original BFG ZR Comp. T/A's from eBay cost some of us who bought them awhile back $109ea., (maybe they were $119ea.) plus shipping, that was a Great deal!!

R

Users who are viewing this thread