WTB Terminator under 30k miles. Mint and stock/near stock only

Jr Mint

Established Member
Hey all-

Instead of posting on others threads, i've decided to make my own. Sellers view the forum and instead of me potentially saying something to hinder their potential sale(like I seem to have already done,) I'll just post this and see what happens.

I'm open to 2003 or 2004. I'm open to mileage up to 30k. If it's a few thousand more and the car is immaculate, please show me. I won't turn it away if it has a couple thousand more miles if it meets the other criteria.

I'm not interested in yellow or grey cars. My number one choice is redfire as that was the first Terminator I bought back in 2003. Had parchment interior and was a great combo.

I prefer it to be stock or near stock. Cars with clear bra and no repainting go to the front of the line. No financing or bank hang ups. I am prepared to send a wire transfer sight unseen as long as it passes a PPI.

Not worried about a car failing a PPI due to old tires, if the car has very low mileage, i understand that. However, I expect that the car receive maintenance regardless of how often it's driven. For example, I take in my 2007 M5 that has been driven 2000 miles in the last 5 years in annually for oil, every other year for brake fluid, and every 5 years for a full service. Perhaps excessive, but the nominal savings don't outweigh the peace of mind.

Thanks and looking forward to the responses. I'm not on here much, but i've turned on email notifications for this thread, and will do what I can to respond as quickly as possible.

LethalSVTs

Established Member
Hey all-

Instead of posting on others threads, i've decided to make my own. Sellers view the forum and instead of me potentially saying something to hinder their potential sale(like I seem to have already done,) I'll just post this and see what happens.

I'm open to 2003 or 2004. I'm open to mileage up to 30k. If it's a few thousand more and the car is immaculate, please show me. I won't turn it away if it has a couple thousand more miles if it meets the other criteria.

I'm not interested in yellow or grey cars. My number one choice is redfire as that was the first Terminator I bought back in 2003. Had parchment interior and was a great combo.

I prefer it to be stock or near stock. Cars with clear bra and no repainting go to the front of the line. No financing or bank hang ups. I am prepared to send a wire transfer sight unseen as long as it passes a PPI.

Not worried about a car failing a PPI due to old tires, if the car has very low mileage, i understand that. However, I expect that the car receive maintenance regardless of how often it's driven. For example, I take in my 2007 M5 that has been driven 2000 miles in the last 5 years in annually for oil, every other year for brake fluid, and every 5 years for a full service. Perhaps excessive, but the nominal savings don't outweigh the peace of mind.

Thanks and looking forward to the responses. I'm not on here much, but i've turned on email notifications for this thread, and will do what I can to respond as quickly as possible.
Coupe or vert preference? I have a 37k mile SB vert that has only a few mods. Very good condition. Ad on SVT has full details. I have all documentation on the car for every service event as well as gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jr Mint

Established Member
To be a vert it would need to check every box. Because then I could just add the coupe whenever I found it. Appreciate the offer, although that car doesn't seem to fit what i'm looking for. Thanks for the post!

plumbcrazy

Established Member
To be a vert it would need to check every box. Because then I could just add the coupe whenever I found it. Appreciate the offer, although that car doesn't seem to fit what i'm looking for. Thanks for the post!
If you’re looking for Redfire and would consider a vert,member RedfireRocket has an absolutely beautiful car if it’s still for sale. He’s the original owner- I communicated with him once, but it wasn’t my color and I decided to buy a higher mileage driver that I wouldn’t melt down over if it got a scratch.
As of this moment, you can find the listing on page 6 of this thread.
Good luck.

ButchB

Established Member
Hey all-

ButchB

Established Member
I have a 2004 Terminator - black convertible with absolutely no modifications. It has 2,577 miles at this time and I can give more info if interested.

ButchB

Established Member
This is interesting....yes, would love more info. Thanks
The original owner was a Ford Engineer and ordered the car and watched it being born. During production it was selected to be driven and evaluated before it left Detroit and I have the documentation for that along with others as well (letter from SVT to Mr.Lewis, window sticker, and SVT Certificate) this is #1056 of 1896 built. Mr.Lewis never washed the car or allowed it to be rained on and treated it special. The second owner had it for a year, drove it very little and decided to sell in order to buy a Jeep Wrangler. This will be my third summer with the car and I intended it to be a gift to my son when it was time to hand it down. In owning it, I've discovered some things. Opening it up and hearing the whine feeling the power is amazing but I feel guilty driving it and my son does too. Last year I decided to just hang on to it and treat it like an investment so this is where I am, willing to sell or simply hang on to it until the time is right. Truthfully, selling would free up garage space and take the stress of having such a nice car off of my hands. I will be bringing it home out of heated storage tomorrow. I have put almost 500 miles on it and have just cleaned/maintained it since buying. I have some pictures as well.

Jr Mint

Established Member
Nice find! Thank you for sending. Aside from the front plate which is easily fixable, someone installed wheel weights on the outside of the rims, and it seems the seats are quite worn for the mileage, and the headliner is sagging. Not good signs for a car of this mileage.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Nice find! Thank you for sending. Aside from the front plate which is easily fixable, someone installed wheel weights on the outside of the rims, and it seems the seats are quite worn for the mileage, and the headliner is sagging. Not good signs for a car of this mileage.
Headliner is not sagging, and those wheel weights were stock from the factory.

Jr Mint

Established Member
Headliner is not sagging, and those wheel weights were stock from the factory.

I don't recall those weights being there any any of my cobras in the past, and I've even bought one new in 2003. Thanks for that info, I will research it more. Here is a picture of the sag in the headliner.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.03.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.03.08 PM.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 184

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't recall those weights being there any any of my cobras in the past, and I've even bought one new in 2003. Thanks for that info, I will research it more. Here is a picture of the sag in the headliner.
Headliner looks great. What you are seeing, I assume is the line going across the top? That's the edge of the headliner where it reaches the door seal. The other indentations are there in the form of the liner.

Users who are viewing this thread