WTB : VMP GEN 1 Supercharger and elbow

SCALILOU

Established Member
Whats your budget?

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm trying to stay around 1200-1500 unported since I will be sending it to get ported. I am get a brand new vmp Gen 2R for $2500, but I'm trying keep the stock look since I'm in CA and need to. Pass visual. The port will probably run $900 alone without rebuild. The Gen 1 is the closest to looking stock once you remove the logo. I'm not in a hurry, I have a ported M122 on the car now.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Cant get closer to stock look than a Trinity Blower, port it if you wish and you have just as good as performance as a gen2r and better than a gen1

All stuff you probably know.

SCALILOU

Established Member
Very true, Only problem with the trinity is the 5.8 logo, instant visual fail. I could grind it off, but I'm trying to do as little Frankenstein stuff to it as possible. The Gen 1 is still a 2. 3 TVS and with porting and pulley swap can be made to perform and all I would have to do is paint over the logo
Cant get closer to stock look than a Trinity Blower, port it if you wish and you have just as good as performance as a gen2r and better than a gen1

All stuff you probably know.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Why not just get one of the whipple 2.9’s on closeout and get the ford performance logos for the side?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
That's a great option. I would just remove the side logos

Yep, places are closing them out for $2750. You can order straight from Whipple but you'll pay sales tax and shipping in CA. They weren't going to charge me tax (FL), but wanted $170 for shipping so I ordered through beefcake and it was free shipping and no tax.

He is in California. 2.3>2.9
'cuz 91 octane

Uhhh, how does 91 octane have anything to do with the size of the blower? The 2.9 is a far more efficient blower, and has a far more efficient rotor design that won't make as much heat. It's a simple matter of the right pulley for a 91 octane tune, which the 3.0 pulley they ship with and stock size lower is meant for 16-17psi and can be tuned easily for 91. Ford and Whipple both offer that blower as a kit with tune and everything for 91. Or just run torco.

Bottom line, that 2.9 with Gen 4 internals is a far better blower than a TVS and he'll be into it about the same after getting a TVS and having it ported.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, places are closing them out for $2750. You can order straight from Whipple but you'll pay sales tax and shipping in CA. They weren't going to charge me tax (FL), but wanted $170 for shipping so I ordered through beefcake and it was free shipping and no tax.

Uhhh, how does 91 octane have anything to do with the size of the blower? The 2.9 is a far more efficient blower, and has a far more efficient rotor design that won't make as much heat. It's a simple matter of the right pulley for a 91 octane tune, which the 3.0 pulley they ship with and stock size lower is meant for 16-17psi and can be tuned easily for 91. Ford and Whipple both offer that blower as a kit with tune and everything for 91. Or just run torco.

Bottom line, that 2.9 with Gen 4 internals is a far better blower than a TVS and he'll be into it about the same after getting a TVS and having it ported.

Ya, your right
I'm sure the OP has enough information to make a decision at this point.

Last edited:

SCALILOU

Established Member
Thanks for ideas fellas, I'll think about what I'm going to do. Like I said before, I'm not in a hurry, just planning something new.

Users who are viewing this thread