WTF fell out of my trans...

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I went to adjust the clutch cable, so I opened up the cover where the clutch cable hooks to the transmission. When I pulled the cover off, there was something inside it, loose. Here is a picture of it. Anybody know what it is, and what I need to do about it?

Also, the clutch pedal now vibrates as I push it in and out, which is why I went to adjust the clutch.

metal.JPG

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Looks like one of the pins that goes in the flywheel to line up the pressure plate during assembly. It would not make the vibration you are feling cause there are two other pins and six bolts hloding the pressure plate still

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Yeah, I took it to Lidio, and he agrees with you about what it is. It's a slight vibration, nothing huge, and only happens when the car is moving, and the vibration increases in speed with RPMs.

Now I'm wondering if I should go centerforce and new flywheel or not, because I'm basically looking at a whole clutch job just to put this stupid pin back in and make sure everything else is ok. I don't mind the Spec3 around town, but I can't launch worth crap with it.

StangJason

Established Member
Almost sounds like your driveshaft is causing the vibration because that's what mine did in my 87 LX after we converted it from auto to 5-speed and I replaced the driveshaft with an aluminum one. I don't mean to say it's your driveshaft but it may be something around the tranny end near your driveshaft. Just my uneducated guess so please take it with a grain of salt and a bump up the page.

davbrucas

Banned
you change or turn your flywheel recently? it may not be balanced properly. that could be the vibe you are feeling...or the clutch could be going.

Users who are viewing this thread