WTF is this???

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4555609008&category=6219

1.jpg

The engine is a marine 301 V8 with a Kenne Bell supercharger on top.

:shrug:

95 thunder

Established Member
sad thing is, whoever put that together really thinks it's the cats meow, and we are proably the minority of knowing it is not, take the wood grain interior, ground effects, and of course the dreaded spoiler away and it would be alot better of course (my 2 cents) people that do that to a vehicle just amaze me, and i am glad that there is at least 3 people here with some sense that agree with me, and i am no big mechanic type guy, but 301 marine motor, what is that all about?

Last edited:

scootro

Established Member
i want that spoiler thats so cool..............

just kidd'n that truck is fugly what a waste of a good lightning...........another one gone to rice burner heaven

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i do believe this is the first gen1 i've seen that looks like rice! i hope this isn't a new trend. lol

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Ive met this guy, hes a good guy. It isnt a 301 marine, its a 351W. He must have pulled it from gateway classic cars where it was posted for sale before. The styling isnt really my thing, but its his truck and he likes it. Personally I dont like to change the overall look of a limited production vehicle, but hey what r u gonna do right. http://tccoa.com/rides/milaar.shtml <-- thats my last project.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
other than the wing, the ground effect and the cobra badges, i think it looks pretty nice. and who puts cobra badges on a lightning anyway :bash:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
TheBooger said:
... and who puts cobra badges on a lightning anyway :bash:

A dork with no sense trying to impress people with visual symbolism.

I know, I've seen the same thing on a red GEN 1 rolling down Backlick Road near Fort Belvoir, Virginia, on my way to work.

The engine is another matter altogether.

I like the idea of a supercharged 351W with a KB setup....obviously it is making more than a 6-8 lbs. of boost you would find on a less extreme engine, has a larger exhaust, possibly fuel injection instead of the original stuff that went on the stock vehicle.

In looking at the engine bay pics, there didn't seem to be an intercooler setup....no way I would run a supercharged engine hard without a liquid intercooler setup on it, but that's me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread