WTF Taco Bell

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Had a craving for some TB, so I went. WTF happened to the prices?! You used to be able to buy the entire menu for like $20...now a damn chalupa meal is almost $10 and soft taco supreme meal almost $8. Then to top it off I had an old person moment; told the wife “Remember when you could buy the tacos for 39c?” FML

quad

Established Member
That's happened to all the fast food restaurants. Restaurants have gotten more expensive as well. That's the result of inflation. Only thing that's still cheap is gas lol! I filled up down south for $1.86 per gallon the other day at one station.

TV's and electronics have also not gone up too much.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Not really anything to do with inflation but rather the supply chain has been disrupted by covid 19.

all your basic ingredients are in short supply, vendors have to go to new sources for supplies, contracts usually have “what if” clauses that allow suppliers to raise prices.

restaurants whether they be sit down or fast food have no choice but to pass the costs on to the consumer.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
That's happened to all the fast food restaurants. Restaurants have gotten more expensive as well. That's the result of inflation. Only thing that's still cheap is gas lol! I filled up down south for $1.86 per gallon the other day at one station.

went to a carls jr (hardees) over a year ago and a meal was like $13! wtf? restaurant pricing for crap smushed burger.

In N Out is still relatively cheap. its weird that a big mac can cost more than a double double. In N Out was the premium burger back in the day (pricewise).

just wait till minimum wage hits $20 an hour lol. a burger meal at McD's will cost more than a burger meal at Chillis or BJs.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I miss the gotditas. It isn’t a menu item despite the fact that the same shell is used to make chalupas...again WTF Taco Bell?!

If you order on the website you can pretty much make what ever you want.
Not the biggest T-bell fan lately though.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not really anything to do with inflation but rather the supply chain has been disrupted by covid 19.

all your basic ingredients are in short supply, vendors have to go to new sources for supplies, contracts usually have “what if” clauses that allow suppliers to raise prices.

restaurants whether they be sit down or fast food have no choice but to pass the costs on to the consumer.
Way bigger than just food too.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lmao! You guys are hilarious. I consider myself a Taco Bell connoisseur. They have the $5 meal box. They have a $1 menu. You can get a lot of stuff cheap there.

However, I do agree about prices going up and menu items being removed that makes no sense.

For example, I remember when their bean burrito was 49 or 59 cents (used to eat them for lunch in high school), but are $1.29 now. Also, I used to get their 1/2 pound combination burrito, which is nothing more than a bean burrito with ground beef. It's not on the menu any more. Come on, you know they have ground beef sitting right there lmao.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

It's that $10, $12, $15 and $20 minimum wage.

nxhappy

Established Member

not at burger king or wendys. They are my new favs. At BK you can get 2 huge bags full of food for like $15. Even mcdonalds is sky high.

nxhappy

Established Member
Lmao! You guys are hilarious. I consider myself a Taco Bell connoisseur. They have the $5 meal box. They have a $1 menu. You can get a lot of stuff cheap there.

However, I do agree about prices going up and menu items being removed that makes no sense.

For example, I remember when their bean burrito was 49 or 59 cents (used to eat them for lunch in high school), but are $1.29 now. Also, I used to get their 1/2 pound combination burrito, which is nothing more than a bean burrito with ground beef. It's not on the menu any more. Come on, you know they have ground beef sitting right there lmao.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
not all cities have that fagtron.

quad

Established Member
went to a carls jr (hardees) over a year ago and a meal was like $13! wtf? restaurant pricing for crap smushed burger.

In N Out is still relatively cheap. its weird that a big mac can cost more than a double double. In N Out was the premium burger back in the day (pricewise).

just wait till minimum wage hits $20 an hour lol. a burger meal at McD's will cost more than a burger meal at Chillis or BJs.
I saw this all happen before in South Africa. Back in the 70s and early 80s the SA currency, the Rand, had parity with the dollar. 1$ = 1R. Back then you could live comfortably on a salary of R3000 per month.

Now look at where the Rand or ZAR (Zuid-Afrikaanse Rand) is today! $1 = 16.81R

A Burger King medium meal in SA is now R89.90! In the early 90s I could buy groceries for a week for under R300. And I was eating 6 times per day. I saved by buying cans of tuna which was cheaper, and eating plain baked potatoes etc. But I still bought a large volume for that price that included a variety of foods. Now you can only get 3 fast food meals for the same price you could buy a week's worth of groceries back in the 1990s in South Africa.

Of course salaries have gone up to compensate. It is not uncommon now for a professionals to earn R1,000,000 per year or more.

If minimum wage is increased in the USA to $20 then everyone's salaries will start going up. I am at the point where I might start raising my fees as well. Gotta keep pace with inflation. Eventually we might get to the point where you need to earn $1 million per year to live comfortably. With all the FIAT currencies it is a race to the bottom. They will all inflate over time. This is why I will not be surprised if 1 Bitcoin goes to $1 million one day as McAfee predicted (he said he would cut off his dick and eat it if it did not lol!)

https://burgerking.co.za/media/5581/bk-website-price-list-feb-2020.pdf

RvD.png

Users who are viewing this thread