wtf why do i have a steel drive shaft

greengt88

Established Member
i know a guy that traded his cobra in w/ a 7.5" rear from a v6 car and the driveshaft, he kept the 8.8" SRA he had swapped in, then put the 8.8 into his wife's 02 v6, and the dealer sold the cobra that way!!! buyer beware. the car was 2 tone, lime green on top with black on the bottom. i feel sorry for whoever gets that one

Digital

Established Member
i know a guy that traded his cobra in w/ a 7.5" rear from a v6 car and the driveshaft, he kept the 8.8" SRA he had swapped in, then put the 8.8 into his wife's 02 v6, and the dealer sold the cobra that way!!! buyer beware. the car was 2 tone, lime green on top with black on the bottom. i feel sorry for whoever gets that one

ahahaha is that the rpm car or what ever at tower shops sometimes?
Car looked like it had some issues and there were always rumors about it.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member

Thats some bullshit!

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
There are not very many custom driveshafts made of steel. 99% of driveshafts are aluminum.

Not at my driveshaft shop. I took an aluminum one in for a re-tube they assumed I wanted it replaced with steel rather than a re-tube. Maybe just the shop? Dunno, but I had to say Um no, I don't want f'g steel. The guy shrugged. Got my aluminum shaft back, was worried about quality at that point, but came out pretty.

Last edited:

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
My roommate had to stick the steel driveshaft back on his 95 GT. When he had the FRPP one it was way to wide. And was grinding on the E-Brake cable bracket. See if you have the clearance for an aluminum one before making the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread