WTS: '07 GT500 3.4L Whipple

03bananacobra

Established Member
Its been bothering me. How doyou have he car tuned on pump gas (93oct) but now run E85? I know you cant just tune on pump gas and then run E85. Am i missing something.

03bananacobra

Established Member
E85 is corrosive as all hell. I know u gotta change fuel filters clean the tank out and different injectors cause E85 burns much faster then pump gas. Not trying to step on toes more curious as to how this setup works

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
You don't have to change anything fuel related, like fuel filter etc?

I would only recommend changing filters if the plan was to permanently change over to pump gas and no longer use e85.

I dont think you would need to change filters if for instance you cant find a e85 station and you need you use pump gas to get to one or in this case do a few dyno pulls to tune for pump.

They filters run about $20 from lethal.

Last edited:

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
E85 is corrosive as all hell. I know u gotta change fuel filters clean the tank out and different injectors cause E85 burns much faster then pump gas. Not trying to step on toes more curious as to how this setup works

The tank was cleaned out when the fuel pumps/hat were installed.

The car has 105# injectors which is enought to support around 1000rwhp on e85.

Vr500m

I understand how you modified the fuel system for e85. My question is since the car was not designed to run on this type of fuel, would there be degradation in the rubber components that fuel normally comes in contact with (hoses, piston seals...) that would require maintenance down the line?

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I understand how you modified the fuel system for e85. My question is since the car was not designed to run on this type of fuel, would there be degradation in the rubber components that fuel normally comes in contact with (hoses, piston seals...) that would require maintenance down the line?

The lethal performance fuel system included all the hoses.

With e85 you need to do oil changes every 2000 miles. Many use diesel oil which is a thicker oil and has zinc. Doing this protects your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread