WTT: IRS H&R Race for Sport

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
I'd like to find someone looking for the race springs that currently has the sport springs in their car. I've decided the race springs are just too high a rate for a 'vert.

My car is a DD and it would certainly work best if someone could do without their springs for a week to allow for shipping, my swap, and shipping back. I'll even pay your shipping to me....to make up for the week without springs.

Feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks!

Part# 51659.2 for my Part# 51659.88

Last edited:

userob2002

Banned
Your better off with stock coupe springs, even Eibach pro kit an improvement on the vert.

I have a set of both and I am in Orange County.

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
My friend has the same basic chassis stiffening as I do and his rides with less cowl shake....only difference is that he has the sport springs. If I had the money I'd go with coilovers.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
I have a set of the springs you're looking for (convertible springs) and I'm wanting to sell them outright. Not looking to trade. These are the H&R SuperSport springs... they have roughly 15,000 miles on them. I'd like $175 + shipping, but I am flexible on the price so feel free to make an offer :)

You could always buy my set of springs and just sell yours to cover the costs. There usually are several people at any given time looking for the H&R race springs FYI.

Shannon

C55AMG

Established Member
just get some intrax and remove the isolators if u want them really low... that s what i have and its pretty damn low.

i see u got ur ride tuned by greg at RET too. did u get a chance to run ur car? we pretty much have the same car and mods.. i wanna see where i should be at in the 1/4 mile

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Well now I have H&R coilovers up front with coupe struts and 350lb'ers.

So now I'm going to get just the rear sport springs to soften up the rear end. I was going to get some rear coilovers that were for sale here but a friend of mine saw them first....well saw them second but offered to buy them first. LOL.

Anyway, then I'm just going to offer the race springs for sale. Honestly if I had a coupe I would have kept them.

I don't have a rollbar yet so I haven't run it at all, unfortunately. No 1/4 around here anyways since Carlsbad closed. Qualcomm would be terrifying in this car without ET Streets or something similar. And I haven't tried to get through tech at Barona either.

Edit: My goal isn't a slammed ride. I had a little less than two fingers gap and my K member was bottoming out on some of these roads around here they're working on destroying....I raised it up to just over two fingers and it looks just right IMO. My goal is a compliant yet firm ride. With no roof, the race springs just seem to harsh.

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
FOURCED said:
I have a set of the springs you're looking for (convertible springs) and I'm wanting to sell them outright. Not looking to trade. These are the H&R SuperSport springs... they have roughly 15,000 miles on them. I'd like $175 + shipping, but I am flexible on the price so feel free to make an offer :)

You could always buy my set of springs and just sell yours to cover the costs. There usually are several people at any given time looking for the H&R race springs FYI.

Shannon

Oh I missed your post... thanks for the offer, but I'm just going to buy the rear pair I need. They're pretty cheap.
-Jon

Users who are viewing this thread