wut to mod on 03 V6

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
ok.. im finally gonna get some money to mod my 03 V6 .. and i want some of u guys's opinions on what i should do.. because some people told me that its not worth spendin like 300-400$ on a Full Catback Exhaust because i wont get as much HP+ as a v8 would..

so please let me know what i should do

thx

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
But V-6 performance parts seem to cost more than that of a similiar V-8 performance part, and honestly, it's not worth the money.

Didn't you tell the girl that was with you when you lost to a RSX that you we're getting a cobra? I'd stick with that plan.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yeah honestly if you feel like racing I would get rid of that v6 if you plan on just getting from point a to point b with some style then a v6 is fine. But I would not go modding that thing

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
hm...
i think i might just get like CAI and thats about it.... and yeah i am gettin a cobra but thats gonna be like around may-june when i graduate..

03redfiresnake

Established Member
There have been quite a few v6 modified mustangs in 5.0 mustang magazine. This is the car you have now and there is nothing wrong with modding it to make it faster. Yes, more parts are made for 5.0's and 4.6's and that means the mods are going to cost you more but they will still make your car faster than you are used to. I traded in my 03 cobra for a 04 gt vert, and it does not respond to mods as well as the cobra did, but they will still make it faster and allow me to make the car unique to me with my mods, which is what it's all about !!!

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
But if he plans on getting a cobra within a year, why waste money on mods to still lose to most cars on the road? Plus, when he trades it in, dealers don't add on to the trade-in value for things like that. I know someone who traded in his older F-150 with 20"s and a badass system, they wouldn't offer him any more than what a F-150 without those would've gotten, they simply told him that if he removed the wheels and system, the deal was off.

03redfiresnake

Established Member
I agree poopnut2, (there's another poopnut?), none of us will get any extra money for our mods, it can actually hurt the value of our cars. His money would be well spent saving it for a cobra, there are definitely a lot of them for sale !! There is always going to be someone faster, no matter what car he drives.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
There's no other poopnut. Stupid AOL said I couldn't use just "poopnut" when I registered years ago so I added the "2" and just have used that wherever I go.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yeah thats what I ment, dont waste the money if you plan on getting a cobra later on... use that money towards a snake

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i'd send the the car to kenny brown and forget about the cobra unless its an 03 or 04. besides, how many people have kenny brown mustangs, then how many people have cobras?

i'd get the kenny brown in my opinion and keep the v6. it'll beat a lot of gt's out there. and the looks are awseome. just my 2 cents

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I have a friend who has a 01 V6 TT boosting around 15lbs and he has a 8.8 Rear End. Real Nice the Car will surprize alot of people he has some 03 - 04 Cobra's under his belt as well!

WIKDPNY

For some reason i just dont see the point in modding a V-6... by the time you get it up to speed you will have dumped way to much money into it...

Users who are viewing this thread