WWI Doc - They Shall Not Grow Old – New Trailer – In Theaters December 17 & 27 Only

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Caught the 2nd screening of it yesterday. My wife and I really enjoyed it. Really liked the after credits part where he explained how they did it and how much work went I to it. Amazing how they could make that old grainy film come to life.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The latest posted on American Thinker 12/28/18:
"For a while there, I was wondering why the film was set to run for only two days, given the huge public demand. Deadline reports that relief is on the way on that front. The film will open in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington on Jan. 11, and then in 25 major media markets on Feb. 1, Super Bowl weekend. Given the public's disgust with the NFL, it's a perfect weekend for the open. It's a flawless means of sending the message that political pollution is not what audiences want.

What's more, Deadline says it missed the Academy Awards' deadline for documentary, which it would deserve to have won if it were on that list. In a way, that makes it more of an honor, too, knowing it's not polluted by Hollywood games.

What a refreshing difference. Yes, it's a great documentary, and it's great because it's pure. No political correctness, no Hollywood gamesmanship.

Go see it when it comes to your town."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._box_office_blowout__and_for_good_reason.html

Saw it. PJ’s g-father was wounded in WWI and told him about the war, same as my g-dad. Leaves a lifelong impression. If you see it, be sure to stay after the credits for the 30 min documentary on how they did it. Amazing work.

My .02¢:
Like David said , "Leaves a lifelong impression. If you see it, be sure to stay after the credits for the 30 min documentary on how they did it. Amazing work."
Remember, this is a documentary, not a scripted "story". With the limited audio/video that is available, Peter Jackson's work is brilliant. He put his heart and soul into this.
I saw it and will again and again, then buy several of the region 1 DVDs when they come out.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just finished watching it. Wow! Is all I can say. It's the most touching war film, or any film for that matter, I have ever seen and I have never been more moved than through watching it.

There is a part where they are talking about the build up to the charge and during the charge and there is an account of a British soldier talking about how he saw another soldier blown apart and screaming for his mom, and he breaks down crying about how he shot him to put him out of his misery and how much it hurt him to do it. I freakin lost it there and was bawling my eyes out hearing that, and it makes me tear up just thinking about it again.

Everyone needs to watch this film. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread