Www.on3performance.com

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
There turbos, wastegates, and BOV's are shit, absolute dog shit. They have a habit of leaving out parts when they ship a kit so dont be surprised if you have to call them and have more parts mailed as it seems the norm with them although I hear there customer service is decent and there good about sending out missing parts.

The piping on the other hand is very solid, and ive heard fitment is also good. For the price this kit really cant be beat. Some people run there turbos for thousands of miles without problem, others LITERALLY dont make it down the street before the turbo blows or starts blowing oil. But all in all they are a great kit if you toss on a Master Powers turbo or some other sort of "name brand" turbo. There kit comes with a 70mm turbo which is pretty big for a stock motor kit and by having such a large base turbo they do make really good #'s. Ive seen A LOT of guys with h/c/i cars making well over 500whp at 10psi. Its way more than a stock motor will handle.

All this said I was about to order one of these kits for my DD car. I was going to buy a MP turbo and upgrade the Watsegate and BOV down the road. There a great bang for the buck but remember, you get what you pay for. this kit is not NEAR the quality of say a hellion system but then your also saving $2500+ when compared to hellion.

jamessims

Established Member
Ok so if I do buy one a few parts will need to be upgraded later on is what your saying... When u first started out you sounded like "don't even think about it" I am in toss up I drive my car 150 miles a day and want just alittle boost... Thought this would be fine but I also have a nitrous kit sitting in the garage with a ignition fireball system with adjustable Timing guess I could just use that for now? I have never used nitrous so I was hesitant

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.036708,-95.426715

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
it completely depends on how "lucky" you get with the turbos. Like a said "Some people run there turbos for thousands of miles without problem, others LITERALLY dont make it down the street before the turbo blows or starts blowing oil." SO it all depends. My mustang got driven about 80-100 per week so yea, not NEARLY as much as yours. Honestly I would go with your nitrous kit. That way your not putting unwanted/needed wear and tear on something just commuting on the highway 90% of the time.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
My neighbor runs this kit on his 07GT. His turbo blew up almost immediately after install. I think he had it 2-3 days before the seals went. He has since upgraded to a precision 67mm turbo, and the car runs great now.

Fitment is O.K. It's not great, but it's not horrible. I have another friend with an 05GT and a hellion kit, and the fitment on the hellion kit is vastly superior. But, for the amount of money you save, I'd probably go on3, and just have the extra cash set aside to replace the turbo with a quality unit if required.

Users who are viewing this thread