X or H pipe

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Hey guys I am having a hard time trying to figure out if I should get a H-pipe or X-pipe. I have a 98 gt and im just wondering what you guys think would be a good mid-pipe for my car.

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
It all depends on what you're looking for. Traditionally, to gain some top end, go with the X pipe. The h pipe will add to your low end torque.
Good luck on whatever you decide.:beer:

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Bassani X-pipe for me thought the Mac ProChamber I had on my '01GT sounded awesome. I got more compliments on my Mac setup than the exhaust on the R.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I have the MAC Prochamber and I love it. It's been on two years along with the MAC cat-back and they have held up well too. I LOVE the sound. Supposedly the Prochamber is kind of a hybrid if you will. It somewhat has the power benefits of an X-pipe, yet sounds very similar to an H. :beer:

stevenbova

Established Member
I love my x-pipe but the darn check engine light comes on sometimes, any Quick fixes guys?

Blacksunshine

Established Member
X-Pipes have an awesome sound on Modular motors. If I had a modular setup I would definately have an X-Pipe no questions asked.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I've had both,and still think the h is better sounding(a little more muscular)....I have a Dr. Gas X right now which does sound kick ass though...

Users who are viewing this thread