X-pipe or H-pipe on 03-04 Cobra and why?

cheemabd

Established Member
I have a steel Mac Pro chamber mid pipe if anyone interested

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wckdvnm

Established Member
I have a steel Mac Pro chamber mid pipe if anyone interested

I would be but I would have to get rid of my O/R H. Those mid pipes are hard to get from people since mac is gone. Mine is a mac H; I found the patent for the design with drawings maybe one day I’ll make one for long tubes.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Wanna say I had Bassani H with my Stingers, been a few years.
Bassani doesn't make an H. It's an X, but it's clamshell design. Not really a true X like the Dr. Gas design.

I wonder how that Pro Chamber would sound with my Bassani headers? Hmmm......

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Bassani doesn't make an H. It's an X, but it's clamshell design. Not really a true X like the Dr. Gas design.

I wonder how that Pro Chamber would sound with my Bassani headers? Hmmm......
I went back in time and researched my posts.....I had the Bassani X.....hahaha. Hey it's been a while!
lol.PNG

LS WUT

Established Member
Is this really an issue? Nobody’s selling them anymore or what?
With all the gayboy tree hugging EPA shit nobody is trying to sell them anymore for the fear of nobody using it for off road purpose and them getting a fine. So yeah, you’d be very hard pressed to find one.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
With all the gayboy tree hugging EPA shit nobody is trying to sell them anymore for the fear of nobody using it for off road purpose and them getting a fine. So yeah, you’d be very hard pressed to find one.
Damn, I don’t know why I’m so surprised. That’s bogus, guess its been awhile since I’ve been exhaust shopping.

LS WUT

Established Member
Damn, I don’t know why I’m so surprised. That’s bogus, guess its been awhile since I’ve been exhaust shopping.
Trying to get headers for my black coupe now that my manifolds are messed up. It’s been a headache. Don’t know what I’ll do with my current Bassani x pipe when I get ARH and such. Probably hold onto it until one of the boys needs it I guess. Since they’ll be illegal in no time :D

dwest731

Established Member
Finished mine today. Stock manifolds, Bbk high flow x pipe, and stingers. Videos don’t do true justice in my opinion. The wife said she was getting a headache so I knew it was just right

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I’m running Stock manifolds, magnaflow catted x, with borla stingers. I love how it sounds. Not too much rasp and not overly loud. Sounds perfect to me.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Trying to get headers for my black coupe now that my manifolds are messed up. It’s been a headache. Don’t know what I’ll do with my current Bassani x pipe when I get ARH and such. Probably hold onto it until one of the boys needs it I guess. Since they’ll be illegal in no time :D

ARH is still selling the O/R mids. It’s $1900 for their without cats systems and $2300 with the cats. Just checked last night and it’s who I will probably go with since they are the only ones who still sell catless mid pipes

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a magnaflow cat back on my terminator, stock otherwise. I loved the sound and received so many compliments from people, saying 'that's exactly how I want my car to sound!" or "God damn, I was 6 cars behind you at that light and your car sounds amazing!" It was nice and mellow, but loud enough at light loads and had a great 'race car' howl at WOT. Would do it again.

I had a full manifold back with Flowmasters on my '98 2V. It was ridiculous loud and glorious. Could hear it 5 miles away on the freeway. The echoes off canyon walls and buildings were excellent. Couldn't hear shit inside the car while driving, except for the exhaust.

But as others have said, it's best to listen to cars, go for rides, and decide what you want. There are a lot of options that result in very different sounds.

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member
It's actually pretty quiet compared to a coyote

Most coyotes are straight piped these day… but it was louder than mics can capture. You could hear my car from almost 2-3 miles away. When I put an H on the car it was too much and I immediately got rid of it. Best to attract as little attention in commiefornia from cops as possible. Now I am in AZ so I am going with a valved system to let me go from quiet to loud when I want.

LS WUT

Established Member
Most coyotes are straight piped these day… but it was louder than mics can capture. You could hear my car from almost 2-3 miles away. When I put an H on the car it was too much and I immediately got rid of it. Best to attract as little attention in commiefornia from cops as possible. Now I am in AZ so I am going with a valved system to let me go from quiet to loud when I want.
I agree. I had cutouts on my x pipe back in the day. Shit was amazing.

Attachments

• 05BBFBE5-2F5E-41D2-A204-877BD4DF33D7.jpeg
    05BBFBE5-2F5E-41D2-A204-877BD4DF33D7.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread