XM for the Factory Head Unit!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I just bought one of these from this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38645&item=7986945123

I have an 04 vert with the satellite ready radio. I have always wanted to try satellite radio, but really wanted the XM instead of the Sirius that Ford supplies the kit for...but I couldn't find an XM kit that was not FM modulated, etc. This is a true digital kit that is seemless with the factory radio. I am VERY pleased with this product! There is a ton of room inside the dash/console area to mount the boxes and I even found a perfect spot for the antenna right underneath the dash pad that works and provides excellent reception. If any of you are interested in XM radio for your 04's, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this kit from this guy. (or from anyone for that matter) But he is a class act and his product works and installed just as advertised. It literally took less than an hour to do once I figured out where I wanted to put everything.

Remember, this is for 04 and up units only with the SAT button.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and answer them for you.

04Screamer

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and answer them for you.

Since that auction is no longer available to view, could you provide details?

Hye

Established Member
xm

that Link isn't working, got another one? I really want to see this, i've wanted XM radio in my car for a while. I just don't like the idea of having to purchase another headunit or a xm handheld receiver. Does this auction mean I don't have to purchase either of the two?

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
BlackCobra04 said:
for the '04 headunits :
XM :
http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=xmdirect
Sirius : (look towards the middle of the thread)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254541

edit: xm link doesn't seem to be working. just click on "XM Radio Receivers" and then click on product "XM Direct XM Radio Receiver for Factory Radios"

XM-RVR-D-001 appears to be the correct part number. Does it plug into the factory harness. It mentions a "universal demodulator" and I was just wondering about the sound quality...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Believe it or not, I just got rid of my XM radio. It has definitely plusses over a regular radio but I decided to replace it with a Magellan RoadMate GPS system. More useful for my needs. And I have to say it is nice again to hear the local programming with news, weather, etc. I definitely don't miss the satellite radio or the monthly charge. That really surprises me because I swore I would never have another car again without one. LOL!

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
Anyone know if that sirius ready stock radio seen in that other thread will fit in my 02 stang? If it will, do any of you know where I can get one? I allready have sirius, but it's a cheapy fm modulated one. I know some of you had to of had this stock radio replaced with an aftermarket one and have it laying around somewhere.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
satellite radio will be gone within five years anyway. why bother.

xm, inc. is teetering on the abyss (sirius is a much smaller company, with a much bigger market cap) and the xm satellite's orbit is decaying at an alarming rate.

i don't think so... Where'd you get your info from???

BTW i LOVE my XM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Local radio= :bash: :kaboom:

BlackCobra04

Established Member
Sat radio is no different then premium channels on cable. some are happy to pay for HBO, and others or not.
for me, I am more than happy to pay for Sirius. I hate commercials and Sirius has no commercials. Doesn't XM have commercials? At least that is what I heard.

04Screamer

Established Member
Just saw this:
Ford radios with the letter "T" in the serial number are NOT compatible, even if equipped with "SAT" button.
:cuss:

Anybody got a factory sat radio without a T in the serial number they want to trade?

Users who are viewing this thread