Yamaha R1 killed.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
cruising back from the races on sunday when a nice sounding R1 pulled up next to me and gunned it. so I nodded and we slowed down to about 40, I put mine in third, just running my street tune, nothing crazy. I beeped it out, and we both hit, within a second I had 2 car lengths on him, hit fourth and looked like I pulled another few cars, ran it up to 130, hit 5th, ran to 150 and let out. he proceeded to fall back more as speed went up. been a while since I had a bike kill. nice guy too, and a long time rider he said. he said it was a 2011 R1 with some pipe I'd not heard of and don't remember now. R1s aren't the fastest out there, but it's still a nice bike kill. love my cobra. :coolman:

thought I'd share.

D.T.R

Established Member
I call BS on this.
I don't think that even the 685whp on your sig would be enough to kill a newer 1000cc bike on your heavy car. Especially with the "ease" that you're talking about. Now if it was like a 2002 R1... maybe...
Either the rider doesn't know how to ride.... or...... he wasn't even trying.
Further more, your 125mph trap won't even phase that bike...

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I call BS on this.
I don't think that even the 685whp on your sig would be enough to kill a newer 1000cc bike on your heavy car. Especially with the "ease" that you're talking about. Now if it was like a 2002 R1... maybe...
Either the rider doesn't know how to ride.... or...... he wasn't even trying.
Further more, your 125mph trap won't even phase that bike...

well, I'll say this, because I'm not a rider and wouldn't know. either way, end result, he was behind me. I take the riders word for what it was and his level as it came to me. I couldn't hear the bike, so I couldn't tell how well his shifting was. maybe he was in too high of a gear to start with or something.

and I could see being scared to go fast on a bike. but he was weaving in and out of traffic and went between a semi and a contractor van on a 2 lane highway to catch up to me. he made it a point to catch up to me and pull up next to me and stop, we pulled over after and chatted for a minute. I was alone or I would have had someone video to judge for yourselves.

D.T.R

Established Member
There is just no way.. maybe if you were at 800whp and the rider sucked at riding...

Are you positive it was an R1 and not an R6?
The description of how the race went fits the profile of an R6 and not an R1

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
are you guys talking 1/4 this is rolling, which from what I understand is where a bike loses a significant advantage I would think. and for the record, my 125 trap was granny shifting the crap out of it. could eat a sandwich between those shifts, I don't do that on the street. just habit of worrying about my transmission and clutch on a prepped track. even with the magnum I worry about it.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I again know very little about bikes, so if this was a liter bike, which I can only assume since you guys are saying it was. it said R1 on it for sure. if it makes any difference he had projector headlights if that narrows down any information for you guys. you can knock it, say it didn't happen, or he wasn't trying. bottom line, I won, and he agreed and said I pulled on him hard. maybe there was something wrong with the bike?

D.T.R

Established Member
Just to put it in perspective for you... just an 05 r1 straps high 130s and runs low 10s

maybe you raced a 500lb fat pig on a bike :shrug:

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
well, I'll offer this, anyone in the north texas area that is a good rider of a stockish liter bike, I would be willing to attempt the same run car as is. video it if you like, post it, I don't care. but I'd like to know just how different it would turn out. I'm no great driving wonder or anything obviously. otherwise a win is a win in my book. you can look the car over yourself as well and see, she's nothing real special. pm me for details

D.T.R

Established Member
well, I'll offer this, anyone in the north texas area that is a good rider of a stockish liter bike, I would be willing to attempt the same run car as is. video it if you like, post it, I don't care. but I'd like to know just how different it would turn out. I'm no great driving wonder or anything obviously. otherwise a win is a win in my book. you can look the car over yourself as well and see, she's nothing real special. pm me for details

:-D
not unless he was wearing lead boots, I'm a fatty mcfatkins at 250 and he was a little guy. maybe 140s. maybe.

Props to you for taking the criticism in a good way instead of being a douche bag and claiming that your win is unarguable.

I hope you can have another race with another 1000cc bike ... I promise you it'll be a lot different than the race you just had.

Colt .45

Established Member
I'm decent at riding.
I'll ride the 4 hours to Dallas from Houston for this. I have a 09 cbr1000 with just a pipe.

Me on my old 750.
hgfccopy.gif

19935.slow

Established Member
I've beaten new and old 600's in a car that trapped 115. Anything can go down when the rider can't ride his bike properly. Doesn't matter how fast the car is, some how, some way; a biker ruins his bikes potential to win... no matter what kind of bike.

Good kill op!

Mike50

Established Member
I rode rockets for about ten years. My last one was a 2002 Honda CBR954RR, which was a MONSTER ten years ago, and would be considered "meh" today. I know enough about bikes to know that you need to have some ridiculous HP in a typical sized car to stand a chance against a liter bike.

I won't say you are lying. It's more likely that that guy just doesn't know how to ride. It's amazing how many people don't understand gearing and RPM. The difference between gunning it in third versus fourth is probably an even bigger deal on a bike than it is in a car. Some of these newer bikes are redlining at ~17,000 RPM, at least the 600's are.

I am pretty sure a 2011 R1 is capable of high 9's in the quarter (with a pro, of course). Straight line launching from a roll should be a piece of cake against almost anything else on the road, even for someone who is not the best rider.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Props to you for taking the criticism in a good way instead of being a douche bag and claiming that your win is unarguable.

I hope you can have another race with another 1000cc bike ... I promise you it'll be a lot different than the race you just had.

I'm decent at riding.
I'll ride the 4 hours to Dallas from Houston for this. I have a 09 cbr1000 with just a pipe.

Me on my old 750.
hgfccopy.gif
anyone want to video? or got a go-pro we can borrow?

I'm not a guy who takes things personally at all. it was for fun, and fun was had. so no sense in being upset that it was called a bad race, simply try again, and we will see what happens. since I'm about 2 hours north of dallas, we should get a local to dallas that knows a good spot to run safely and with minimal enforcement. any volunteers? colt, pm me your number man and we will get together, I'm available on the weekends. look forward to a fun race and to meeting you. nice ride (your old one)

D.T.R

Established Member
I've beaten new and old 600's in a car that trapped 115. Anything can go down when the rider can't ride his bike properly. Doesn't matter how fast the car is, some how, some way; a biker ruins his bikes potential to win... no matter what kind of bike.

Good kill op!

Yeah from a 60 roll ...
Try and run that bike from like a 20 roll .. you stand no chance.
Unless again, it's an old (more than 7 yrs old) bike... then MAYBE..
I have 2 600cc bikes ... they're 2007s .. and even from a 60 roll... cars trapping close to 120 have a hard time passing me... they don't pass me until well over 100mph... and we know what happens if we did like a 20 roll... they don't stand a chance. Oh and I'm a 200lb guy... which is pretty heavy for only a 600cc bike

D.T.R

Established Member
I rode rockets for about ten years. My last one was a 2002 Honda CBR954RR, which was a MONSTER ten years ago, and would be considered "meh" today. I know enough about bikes to know that you need to have some ridiculous HP in a typical sized car to stand a chance against a liter bike.

I won't say you are lying. It's more likely that that guy just doesn't know how to ride. It's amazing how many people don't understand gearing and RPM. The difference between gunning it in third versus fourth is probably an even bigger deal on a bike than it is in a car. Some of these newer bikes are redlining at ~17,000 RPM, at least the 600's are.

I am pretty sure a 2011 R1 is capable of high 9's in the quarter (with a pro, of course). Straight line launching from a roll should be a piece of cake against almost anything else on the road, even for someone who is not the best rider.
exactly, well said.

Users who are viewing this thread