Yamaha R1 killed.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I'm your huckleberry

easy there iceman. read the rest of the thread homie. I have one lined up (wouldn't mind another, it's all in good fun) but it has been postponed due to some shit gas I got that burned up a piston. currently in the process of a rebuild. :fm:

but hook up in the future with me and colt. should be some good fun.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I did read all of it. I didn't say let's go right now, just that I'm interested ; )

Sucks about the bad gas. I remember a thread a few years back over the same thing. Mine is down for a little while too and I am in no hurry. I'll hook up with you guys whenever it goes down

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Ill be in Houston a week from today for TX2k12. I'll be on my stockish R1, I'd definitely be up for a friendly run or 2.

gamebred26

Established Member
wait you trapped 125 with 680..?? i just trapped 133 with my numbers at atco 2 weeks ago with a 25 mph cross wind..slow shifting and lifting..prob less whp too cause it was only seeing 15 degrees of timing vs the 16 on the dyno..def going 135 this weekend..

but anyways yea a 1000 bike is tough to beat...but idk here in nj there are a ton of momos on big bikes. they scrape them off the highways every weekend in the summer lol.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Dont know if the OPs story is legit or not all I know is I raced a stock 1000cc bike a couple of years ago when I had my 596hp Whipple Cobra and he let me have the hit. I was flat out and he came by me like I was standing still doing a god damm wheelie! LOL.

16kOrBust

Established Member
wait you trapped 125 with 680..?? i just trapped 133 with my numbers at atco 2 weeks ago with a 25 mph cross wind..slow shifting and lifting..prob less whp too cause it was only seeing 15 degrees of timing vs the 16 on the dyno..def going 135 this weekend..

but anyways yea a 1000 bike is tough to beat...but idk here in nj there are a ton of momos on big bikes. they scrape them off the highways every weekend in the summer lol.

Keep in mind the "Winter Atco Mod" when trying to compare your track times to those of similar cars in other parts of the country. My car went a best of 11.7 @ 117 up here at LVD in "average" weather. Last time I took it to Atco was on a low DA December day and it went consistent 11.4's @ 121. I picked up a consistent 4 mph at Atco on a cold day vs LVD on a normal day, and LVD is still an average track at worst compared to a lot of those in the country.

Not saying the OP's 125 mph trap is solid for his claimed power or your numbers aren't accurate, just saying it's hard to compare numbers from different tracks on different days. People flock to Atco/MIR and a couple of the other tracks down that way for a reason when they're looking to make record breaking passes.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Dont know if the OPs story is legit or not all I know is I raced a stock 1000cc bike a couple of years ago when I had my 596hp Whipple Cobra and he let me have the hit. I was flat out and he came by me like I was standing still doing a god damm wheelie! LOL.

This sounds accurate if the guy knows what he's doing lol. This video always made me laugh:

[youtube_browser]VC0qY9IuVeY[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
Keep in mind the "Winter Atco Mod" when trying to compare your track times to those of similar cars in other parts of the country. My car went a best of 11.7 @ 117 up here at LVD in "average" weather. Last time I took it to Atco was on a low DA December day and it went consistent 11.4's @ 121. I picked up a consistent 4 mph at Atco on a cold day vs LVD on a normal day, and LVD is still an average track at worst compared to a lot of those in the country.

Not saying the OP's 125 mph trap is solid for his claimed power or your numbers aren't accurate, just saying it's hard to compare numbers from different tracks on different days. People flock to Atco/MIR and a couple of the other tracks down that way for a reason when they're looking to make record breaking passes.

25 mph cross wind too..i was clinching my butthole on the big end...it was not fun.

going to etown sunday on 28" tires so we will see how that goes..but anyway 10mph is a lot..im betting 135 out of my car which is about right for the whp...125 is def low no matter where. unless you are up in CO.

16kOrBust

Established Member
25 mph cross wind too..i was clinching my butthole on the big end...it was not fun.

going to etown sunday on 28" tires so we will see how that goes..but anyway 10mph is a lot..im betting 135 out of my car which is about right for the whp...125 is def low no matter where. unless you are up in CO.

You need to say "135 out of my car which is about right for the whp at this track this time of year". Those last few words are key. I know very well the mentality of a lot of the guys down in that area and many of them can't get it through their heads that in the Winter at Atco, Etown, etc, you go FAST compared to 98% of the rest of the country. Then they see guys at different tracks during other times of the year running slower times and speeds at the same supposed power and calling BS on them or telling them their cars run like shit or something's wrong. My brothers and friends and I all run at LVD, Etown, and Atco, and we all go significantly faster at Etown and Atco in the Winter than LVD ANY time of year, especially the warmer months.

I actually edited my previous post, though, because I didn't mean to get in an argument. I agree that 125 at just about any track is very slow for the supposed power the car made. Lots of variables, though. We'll see how it goes when he gets his new motor/setup in the car. If he's not running like a car that traps a solid 140+, he's gonna get waxed by some of the bikes these members are talking about that are meeting up with him, assuming they can ride them well. And even at 140+, he better bring his A game and run them to high speeds, because below 150 a liter bike is a monster with a rider on it and they pull significantly harder in the first couple gears than their traps imply, as with almost all sport bikes, and particularly from a first gear roll. If these bikes are trapping mid 140's, they're gonna pull like 150+ cars in the first couple gears if they can keep the front end down and make the most of that throttle. That's just how bikes are. It's not easy to do, though, hence all of the threads we get on the forums about 450whp cars beating 600's and 550whp cars hangin with liter bikes.

Last edited:

04RiceEater

Established Member
This sounds accurate if the guy knows what he's doing lol. This video always made me laugh:

[youtube_browser]VC0qY9IuVeY[/youtube_browser]

Yup, just picture that last race with the bike on one wheel disappearing into the distance:eek: Thats what my only encounter with a liter bike was like :rolling:

justintime1908

Established Member
all I had was a Cai and a short throw shifter... My c6z ran 12.2 at 128.7 modded 750s were close until about 150 then I started yanking them. But 600s were a joke. After my first 600 kill I always gave them the hit and cleared them. I only got to run one 1000.he gave me the hit from a 40 roll and he couldn't clear me

zacmustang03

Established Member
i believe this. I race at the track every weekend for points and every friday you get about 3 or 400 street cars out there for street legals. It takes a good rider to run a bike out the door with a record time. ive seen anything from 12s to high 10s with the same bike. If you watch a ten second car and a ten second bike race from a dig the car kills the bike right out of the hole and looks like a commanding lead at half track. back half of the track is where those bikes close the gap and they cross the line at the same time. So a race from 40 if that rider isn't terrible but no pro the car would pull till the top .. This is my 02 and i ve only seen this about a thousand times. but who knows maybe he put this story up to get roasted like charlie sheen. Good kill man.

ps: capitals are the devil, punctuation is the devil.

X3FBrian

Established Member
Ehh, didn't read anything but BS. I had an 06 ZX10R and absolutely murdered, I mean MURDERED my friends 03 Cobra that made 590 to the tire. Wasn't even close. From a dead stop, from a 20 roll, from a 50 roll. The 50 roll was really bad, I kicked down to first and literally put tractor trailer lengths on the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread