Yamaha R1 killed.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Ehh, didn't read anything but BS. I had an 06 ZX10R and absolutely murdered, I mean MURDERED my friends 03 Cobra that made 590 to the tire. Wasn't even close. From a dead stop, from a 20 roll, from a 50 roll. The 50 roll was really bad, I kicked down to first and literally put tractor trailer lengths on the car.

Street racing is one of those things where there is no benchmark. you can change one thing and the outcome would change drasticaly. What did your bike run at the track? and are you like 120 lbs? that makes a big difference to.

zacmustang03

Established Member
I'm almost 260, bike was stretched and lowered. Stock other wise. It wasn't even close, at all.

so this is a driver mod thing. i was in the car with my father in law when his 67 satelite pulled about 10 car lengths on a zx10 and gsxr 1000 from the light was a dig race to top of 3rd about 128 mph he runs a 605 indy wedge pushing 840rwhp. they were pulling on him by 3rd when he shut it down. he runs 10.26 so rider mod is huge when it comes to bikes. and lowered and stretched makes a big difference to, keeps you going forward without loosing any upward torque.

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
all I had was a Cai and a short throw shifter... My c6z ran 12.2 at 128.7 modded 750s were close until about 150 then I started yanking them. But 600s were a joke. After my first 600 kill I always gave them the hit and cleared them. I only got to run one 1000.he gave me the hit from a 40 roll and he couldn't clear me

maybe if you are racing from 120 mph to 170. My little 600 ran a 10.7 at 137 mph without being lowered with just minimal mods. Come run me one time and we will see where you really stand.

10secvette

Established Member
all I had was a Cai and a short throw shifter... My c6z ran 12.2 at 128.7 modded 750s were close until about 150 then I started yanking them. But 600s were a joke. After my first 600 kill I always gave them the hit and cleared them. I only got to run one 1000.he gave me the hit from a 40 roll and he couldn't clear me

Post up a timeslip of your 12.2 @ 128 run. Stock Z06? I'll raise the BS flag.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Apparently the altitude changes things up here for some reason. Hardleys are mostly bus lengths back. 600's a ways back, 750's usually slightly ahead depending on what it is. 1000's, gone with the wind. :D

itSSlow98

Established Member
I ran a ZX14 on the interstate the other night from a 65 roll. I pulled a half car on the hit and held it to 135 or so. Rider definetly just underestimated the car and didnt click down to the right gear(Im well aware I was easily outgunned). He definetly liked the car though cause he pulled up and gave me a thumbs up and nodded. Liter bikes are damn near untouchable from anything under 60mph rolls if they are ridden to their potential(about 1/4 of the time). Im glad the OP isnt closed minded like most about bikes, they are FAST.

zacmustang03

Established Member
bikes are crazy fast and most everything is left behind. it takes a damn quick car to run with a bike that i will not deny.. But when it comes to the fastest you want to go 4 wheels. A car will outrun any bike at the top of the scale. Same goes with the twisty track, you take a moto gp bike and it wont hold a candle to a formula one. If you want to go really fast you stick with 4 wheels.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So people kept bringing up "modern 600s" wonder how a 650ish horsepower would do against my modern 600 :)

2011 CBR 600RR
IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

dogg502

Established Member
i had a 96 tt cobra 720rwhp through a 4r70w and i use to DESTROY all litre bikes from rolls, dead digs , great riders , shitty riders, pedal festing the shit outta my car it did not matter . I dont see why people are thinking his kill is B.S

2k4Terminator

Established Member
i had a 96 tt cobra 720rwhp through a 4r70w and i use to DESTROY all litre bikes from rolls, dead digs , great riders , shitty riders, pedal festing the shit outta my car it did not matter . I dont see why people are thinking his kill is B.S

Videos? Or you ran people that could not ride. And because it is B.S.

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
600 and some change starting from a 40 roll in third. That is why.

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
think what u want buddy but u have no clue what I have done. Instead of calling b.s on people how bout u go out and race ur car and get some experience and knowledge.

Well dogg you are in michigan but i see you had the cobra past tense so there is no way for us to run as see how bad you destroy me. :banana:

odarabla

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick but the biggest thing that makes this story bullshit is you only trap 125 in the 1/4.. A R1 can trap 135+mph in the 1/4. So either the guy didn't know how to ride or he wasn't racing. Even though this may be a kill in your book doesn't make it so in everyones eyes but only because of the bike you ran.. Maybe you should have just called it a Honda Reble or something.. :shrug:

dogg502

Established Member
Well dogg you are in michigan but i see you had the cobra past tense so there is no way for us to run as see how bad you destroy me. :banana:

my buddy said he is down to run ya, he makes about same power as the original poster. He's bolting up team z suspension on it right now so we should be down to woodward pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread