Yellowstone season opener

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
1668430193047.png

VegasMichael

Established Member
I didn't think it was bad. Seems like they were just setting the stage for the coming episodes. Kind of like reading a novel where the author spends the first several chapters familiarizing the reader with various characters/sub plots before intertwining them later on.

I'm interested in the Stallone vehicle but is that another subscription one has to get? Honest to Christ it seems everything these days on the tube is a la carte.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Missed the first hour/episode but watched the second half. Past few seasons have started out kinda slow and then built up towards the end, feels like this will do the same. I thought it was just as good as it has been.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ya, a couple of the seasons they went on a rampage, like the one where they found the people who attacked John, Kace and Beth or the one where they took out the white supremacist group. At least I think the 2nd was the start of a season.

Anyway, last night was more of a slow burn to set the table for the brutality that will come. It's not like they can have the governor out there taking out his personal enemies.

Definitely going to check out Tulsa King. Somehow I never heard of it until last night.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm interested in the Stallone vehicle but is that another subscription one has to get? Honest to Christ it seems everything these days on the tube is a la carte.
I've noticed that myself. Seems channels are popping up as their own streaming service. For example, 'Love Boat' was on CBS (YouTube TV). My wife and I got into it to watch two couples in particular. Then after 3 or 4 episodes (to hook the viewer), CBS announced that future episodes effective the very next week would only be available on their Paramount + premium streaming service. Really? Nope, we're not going to bite and pay extra money for a new streaming channel. We'll just be content to stick with YouTube TV, Prime and Fox Nation.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
We watched Tulsa King last night. Worth the watch forsure, my wife was on the fence but liked it enough to agree to keep watching
I'm not sure if the series will attract many women. It's old school and isn't catering to typical women's issues.

For me, I found I could relate to a lot of what I saw. There's a scene early on where Stallone enters a room in the mansion of his former "associates" and he immediately has a problem with two henchmen standing behind him. I felt exactly the same way as it was unraveling.

So far it is straight to the point and not filtered to match what the left coast pushes whenever they can. I really dig that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Watched the first one the other night, not bad. I did start out slow, but I'm sure it'll build up.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm not sure if the series will attract many women. It's old school and isn't catering to typical women's issues.

For me, I found I could relate to a lot of what I saw. There's a scene early on where Stallone enters a room in the mansion of his former "associates" and he immediately has a problem with two henchmen standing behind him. I felt exactly the same way as it was unraveling.

So far it is straight to the point and not filtered to match what the left coast pushes whenever they can. I really dig that.

Ya, I agree any left leaning woman would not really enjoy it as the world of the mafia was/is definitely a man's world. My wife is not left leaning, she's pretty much an anti-feminist.

They are setting up the ATF agent chick (hot for late 40s) to be a strong character though.

Users who are viewing this thread