Yep, its got IRS......

acrbill

Established Member
While I can't say I see any IRS stuff I do see that the mufflers are routed differently.

george.arnold

Established Member
It looks to me like there are some lower control arms under there in one of the shots. And the exhaust routing to the center suggests IRS, but I wouldn't say there's anything definitive in there. I do expect them to go IRS with the next generation though.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
def looks like alum control arm under there

ford you are doing a great job. but please keep sra as an option this time around!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Can't really keep SRA an option unless you want a faux IRS like the 03-04 Cobra. It's either one or the other if you want it engineered to work properly.

Me, I don't really care what rear comes in the car, but a REAL IRS would be cool I suppose.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
IRS haters need to get over it.:nonono:

News Flash!:eek:
It's 2012, an IRS can be engineered to be very strong and work better than a live axle.:uh oh:

Please don't ask for examples, do I really need to list them?:dw::bored::rollseyes

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I think the faux IRS in the 03-04 Cobra left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Since they are now engineering an IRS from the get go I believe this new iteration will be a stark contrast from the last attempt. We may all be surprised

viperakron

Established Member
IRS haters need to get over it.:nonono:

News Flash!:eek:
It's 2012, an IRS can be engineered to be very strong and work better than a live axle.:uh oh:

Please don't ask for examples, do I really need to list them?:dw::bored::rollseyes

No there not any IRS systems that will consistantly handle high HP launches.
I've raced Vets and big HP Vipers with DRs and slicks, half shafts and CVs are fuses that need to be replaced every 20 runs or they FAIL. Yes I have the upgraded Unitrax and other "unbreakable" halfshafts. IRS is for road racing and more customers drag race than road race. Keep the solid axle!!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
how many almost 8 second daily driven irs cars are their out there?

I have taken over 200 launches on the stock axles in my car running 9.30s to hight 10's

Wharf Rat

Established Member
If they do IRS it better be well engineered. That heavy, wheel-hopping, weak-assed shit that they put out in 99-04 was a joke. I hated my Terminator till I swapped in a solid then I loved that car.

CPRsm

Yeahhhhh. IRS for the whopping .003% that will notice or track the car to take advantage. The rest of will be stuck replacing half shafts or replacing the whole rearend :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread