Yep, its got IRS......

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
I wonder if it will actually look like this? It is a modern more compact design but still holds the Mustang lines.

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-front-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

Not bad but it needs more of the attitude the current Mustangs have and should be more standout from amongst the field. It is not immediately identifiable as a mustang in the same way vettes are. But I like that it is evolutionary instead of radically different.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Damn I hate not living in Detroit when it comes to the new muscle cars coming out. Not to mention I used to work right down the street from the SVT plant in Liviona!! Detroit can kick rocks for everything not car related and I will never move back there.....

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I wonder if it will actually look like this? It is a modern more compact design but still holds the Mustang lines.

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-front-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

while I agree it has some of the lines, those particular renderings do nothing for me! now im glad they are working on a IRS and such....but what use is that new tech when many people might find it ugly? but alas they will sell a ton of these, because these photos would be more appealing to the younger gen and women and yea...it does look like a hyundai....:shrug:

Ill be anxious to see the final product to really give my opinion, hope it works out....

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You have little faith my friend. Look what's fords done already they been droping weight on the newer cars compared to the 2005-2010 mustangs.

Other than the Al block and no longer offering an actual spare tire, what significant weight savings have they delivered over the 05-10 model years? The new models seem to be very close in weight.

I have no doubt the next gen will be lighter, but this talk of multiple hundreds of pounds is unrealistic IMO. Especially if they have to stick with the existing platform. The biggest weight savings I see for the next stang will be the addition of a 4cyl option. The n/a v8 models will still likely be in the 3500 range, with the 500 landing somewhere north of 3700.

There just isn't that many affordable sub 3500# V8 unibody cars running around. People want 27 airbags, 10,000 watt stereo with 17 speakers and a big screen TV in the dash, and 21" tires.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
:lol: say hello to better weight distribution. And I don't doubt that ford will use more weight savings material.

Just like the new Maro right?? Yea that got them far..

The only way I see them dropping more weight is to change the platform completely to a smaller car.. There really isn't much more in terms of weight reduction they can do that won't cost a arm and a leg or sacrafice comfort which everyone wants in a newer car..

TheRebel

Established Member
IRS or SRA doesn't really matter as long as it holds up. My 69 with leaf springs rode better than my 06 but the 06 did handle better. However I do have a problem with Ford worried about the Mustang being attractive globally. Europe's economy is a mess and many probably won't want to spend their money of an "American" car. Of course from the concept art it doesn't really look American to me but I'll wait to pass judgement until I see the actual car because Ford has surprised me before. I would be more concerned with the US and Asian markets. However, it would be nice if companies would worry about their home markets first and then concern themselves with the rest of the world but money talks.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
Soooo tired of the IRS "benefits" and the "Global Platform" propaganda - how many Mustangs are sold outside of the U.S.?? If it was up to some guys in this post, we'd have a Suby STi rebadged as a Mustang - 4 doors, fart pipe, boy racer wing and whatever other garbage.

gap4annie

talking about 2015's already? I thought the universe was scheduled to self implode on December 21st?:lol1:

Anyone know if the new Camaro will be out before or after the next gen Mustang? Will be interesting to see which company is playing catchup by then.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Soooo tired of the IRS "benefits" and the "Global Platform" propaganda - how many Mustangs are sold outside of the U.S.?? If it was up to some guys in this post, we'd have a Suby STi rebadged as a Mustang - 4 doors, fart pipe, boy racer wing and whatever other garbage.

I think you've misunderstood what "Global Platform" means. At any point ford can spin off another car or cuv from the mustang's chassis and be sold in global markets by using parts already developed for the mustang.

staydog1

Established Member
Plain and simple...Ford needs to bring back the IRS. The SRA is great but on the back country roads, you can't that a curve at 100+ as smoothly as you can with an IRS. I've owed 3 SRA 5.0 before getting my 03 Cobra. After taking those curves so smoothly, without feeling all those bumps like on a SRA...i've been hooked on IRS. Yes...I know there's wheelhop with an IRS but honestly...how offend am I going to be driving around with slicks/stickys? I hold my owe with regular tires or DRs (some times) and everyone in my area knows it and dont mess with me too offend. LOL So...bring back that IRS and catch up with the ages.

Hint...Carroll Shelby's Cobra 1 didnt have SRA. :-D

hurikane85

Established Member
Plain and simple...Ford needs to bring back the IRS. The SRA is great but on the back country roads, you can't that a curve at 100+ as smoothly as you can with an IRS. I've owed 3 SRA 5.0 before getting my 03 Cobra. After taking those curves so smoothly, without feeling all those bumps like on a SRA...i've been hooked on IRS. Yes...I know there's wheelhop with an IRS but honestly...how offend am I going to be driving around with slicks/stickys? I hold my owe with regular tires or DRs (some times) and everyone in my area knows it and dont mess with me too offend. LOL So...bring back that IRS and catch up with the ages.

Hint...Carroll Shelby's Cobra 1 didnt have SRA. :-D

agreed

Users who are viewing this thread