yes another intake question

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I got my mom an Air raid CAI for her track pack. I agree WOT doesnt feel much different, Granted i dont drive her car enough to know, but throttle response and DD felt much more responsive. However a larger inlet, with a tune, im hard pressed to see it not make more power?
It will, but as said before, most of that power gained comes from the fact you are modifying the tune for more air. So essentially you take a tuner+tune+CAI to make that power. But even for someone that's already tuned, it won't be more than 15 whp that you gain.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Bottom line is more air in, of course modifying the tune for that extra air is just common sense. even if its an average of 8hp from the intake and another 7 from the tune, thats always gonna help especially down the road when you start adding more power

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Bottom line is more air in, of course modifying the tune for that extra air is just common sense. even if its an average of 8hp from the intake and another 7 from the tune, thats always gonna help especially down the road when you start adding more power
Agreed.

I don't visit the track hardly at all in my car. It's a daily for me. I set out with a goal to have 400+ whp in my car, of which that is my stopping point before adding boost years down the road. If the CAI will help me guarantee that goal, I will buy it.

Voltwings

Established Member
Taking curve gains into consideration, i imagine the average horsepower is a good bit higher with a Cai ... **** it, i see no reason not to get one haha.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread