Yet Another Lap Video

darreng505

Established Member
Just going to set this here...

My 2:04 of VIR in a practically stock Boss. Z06 and GT3 times.

[youtube_browser]ptyW741jrek[/youtube_browser]

Trying to spice up this board a little and get some activity!

All kinds of comments and tips welcome. I need to shave another 5 seconds.
I know its harder to offer advice without the data overlay. Batteries on logger died.

Last edited:

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Very Nice. You were definitely moving out here!

Kind of off topic, but how far is VIR from Washington DC? I was just in DC for work and would've loved to visit VIR to see the track in person.

WPBcobra

Established Member
looking good out there. I cant wait till July ill be coming up there to get some track time be for nationals

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Nice video! I will add my opinion on it for what its worth.

Turn 1 looks good, 3 you can carry a little more speed, I am not sure about 4, i would love to see the data through there and im going to try that line next time out, lower s's look great, upper s's and out of 10 is where your going to find the time you want. You can carry a TON more speed there, I would bet there is 3+ seconds in that section alone for you. Oak tree looks fantastic, brake a little later into 14, roller coaster looks great, carry a little more speed out of hog pin.

86Fbody

Established Member
Great video, however I wish it was inside so you could get a straight on view of the track and see how the car is going into turns.

darreng505

Established Member
Great video, however I wish it was inside so you could get a straight on view of the track and see how the car is going into turns.

Yeah me too. I do have an inside cam but the battery was dead when this was shot.

This year I'm going to have helmet cam and inside cam with full overlays.

BlackStripes

Established Member
You are looking at a list of stock cars lapping VIR. Yes, that video was in VIR - Full, but when he said a stock BOSS, I am sure he meant a stock BOSS engine, not a stock Boss car, it would be impossible for a stock Boss to get near to those times, suspension, weight and specially tires makes a huge difference. Also, for what I hear, since the Oak Tree is gone, that turns is MUCH faster now.

You need to compare it with : http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2992027?perClass=1

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mike Rousch

Established Member
You are looking at a list of stock cars lapping VIR. Yes, that video was in VIR - Full, but when he said a stock BOSS, I am sure he meant a stock BOSS engine, not a stock Boss car, it would be impossible for a stock Boss to get near to those times, suspension, weight and specially tires makes a huge difference. Also, for what I hear, since the Oak Tree is gone, that turns is MUCH faster now.

You need to compare it with : http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/2992027?perClass=1

Hope that helps.

This is incorrect, Those other cars from fastlaps site are running the Grand course NOT the full course.

darreng505

Established Member
Yeah, the text in the beginning of the video says "stock motor" but it disappears quickly. The car has upgraded wheels, exhaust, suspension and aero at that point in time. Still had a lot of the interior and windows still. Probably was a good 3800lbs on grid too.

Users who are viewing this thread