Yet another one bit by the economy.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well, yesterday I was pulled into a meeting with my supervisor and our OPL (office leader basically) and they told me they need to do another round of staff reductions and that my position is being cut. They can't justify my position based on the amount of work coming in the door.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but they gave me until Oct. 10th. I'll be meeting with the HR person in a couple of hours.

Not real upset yet, I knew something was coming.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Times are hard everywhere. This winter is gonna cut out a lot of businesses I am afraid. What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Fastboy

Established Member
I feel for you totally this happened to me in January, I just recently got a job. After many job applications, 8 months, and interviews I am moving and got a raise.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Things always happen for a reason. There are bigger and better things for you on the horizon.

Good luck.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Things always happen for a reason. There are bigger and better things for you on the horizon.

Good luck.

+1, it could be a blessing in disguise. I got semi-laid off 2 years ago, and now I make almost double what I did before... much happier. hang in there.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Sorry to hear the bad news - hopefully you find an even better job swiftly. I work as a developer at a bank corporate office.. needless to say, I could wake up tomorrow and be told that my entire site is being closed. :(

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Yeah, I've been seriously considering trying to find a position with one of the various agencies around here, but they've been cutting back too.
I was in Vegas 6 months ago and there are developments everywhere, it seems like there should be a flood of civil engineering jobs. In any case, sorry and good luck. Collect unemployment and don't settle.

jshen

Established Member
Unfortunately it happens to govt. employees too! Being a civil engineer should make finding new position a lot easier than most. Good Luck

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I was in Vegas 6 months ago and there are developments everywhere, it seems like there should be a flood of civil engineering jobs. In any case, sorry and good luck. Collect unemployment and don't settle.

Unfortunately the ones you saw 6 months ago are some the last ones for a while, many of the projects in planning have been put on hold.

Users who are viewing this thread