You don't know what a s/c sounds like...

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
until you've sat in your L, sitting still, WOT, under load, hood up, 'open' type air filter, windows down, inside a garage(doors open), and the wheels turning a Dynojet dynomometer! It's a little like a Marine fighter jet spooling up just before roll-out.

I drove mine down to South Ga. Corvettes last Fri. am. Ran 3 tests--max RWHP: 388.7 and max. RWTQ 467.9.

It was a good day!

Dan

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I remember my first dyno run in the L.......
I never post it because I had mistakenly disconnected a sensor close to the boost accuator so I didn't make that much power. I realized it after I had gotten home. But when I was at the shop and my L was on the dyno, the S/C spooled up and scared the hell out of this one guy that was there w/his 5.0.
He was like "what the hell was that?" The guy was impressed w/the sound. So was I.
(AHHHH....Sweet memories.......)

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
2001svtman: Where in Miami? Many yrs. ago, I was born and raised there. Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Old Cutler Road, etc.--ahhh, the memories.

Btw, a guy at the strip the other nite dropped by to look at my L while I was in line. He mentioned that when watching from the track seats; the 'scream' was all he could hear(stock exhaust) as my L now hooks up(no wheel spin) great after putting on my ET Streets.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread