You guys that run pullies

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Have your warranties all expired, or are you independently wealthy? And how about the "performance packages" that many vendors offer, are they worth it or is it better to do your own thing? TIA...striker

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
No and No, we just like to go fast.

Avoid most pkg deals.

Follow this path;
Much better to read till your eyes are sore about all the possibilities for mods.
Then decide how much power you want to make, search for threads on which components that power is gonna break, search on how to reinforce or upgrade them, search on how to install them, find some local friends with terminators to hook up with in the "Taste Of Home" Forums and go from there.

fubu795

Banned
striker_29 said:
Have your warranties all expired, or are you independently wealthy? And how about the "performance packages" that many vendors offer, are they worth it or is it better to do your own thing? TIA...striker

I think alot of times you will find a dealer that doesn't mind pullies to much, gotta few around me. Best advice would be ask your local svt mechanic, he will tell you.

If you decide upon pulles, ask Doug from billetflow, he has great products and will inform you of all parts needed, you can't go wrong.

Also South Florida Pulley Headquarters makes a great system.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Thanks so much for the quick replies fellas, those 2 questions were bugging me. Problem is, the svt dealer around here acts like they dont even really know what my car is. When I asked the girl at the counter if they were an svt dealer, she said whats svt? lol! I have seen that the billetflow pullies seem to be awesome, never heard about SFPH until today, and was looking at the performance packages I was asking about.

Postban, my car is a michigan car, flew up to detroit and bought it a couple of mos ago. Thought it was cool having one that was so close to the factory:)

Last edited:

fubu795

Banned
striker_29 said:
Thanks so much for the quick replies fellas, those 2 questions were bugging me. Problem is, the svt dealer around here acts like they dont even really know what my car is. When I asked the girl at the counter if they were an svt dealer, she said whats svt? lol! I have seen that the billetflow pullies seem to be awesome, never heard about SFPH until today, and was looking at the performance packages I was asking about.

Postban, my car is a michigan car, flew up to detroit and bought it a couple of mos ago. Thought it was cool having one that was so close to the factory:)

I beleive every registered svt dealership HAS to have a SVT mechanic, just tell the girl at the counter to go count coins...... :banana:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
striker_29 said:
...snip...

Neato!

Would you like a nice pictoral tour of the plant?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287573053

login postbanguest
password guestpostban

My advice, avoid your dealer like the plague, sounds like a nice place to buy a Windstar NOT a Cobra.
Stick with us and we will help you as much as we can. Use the various forums here and decide on your mod path, there are many.

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Be careful if you want your engine to stay under warranty. A pulley and chip/tune is an engine warranty killer at every dealer I know.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
What you do depends on how you view your cobra. If you consider it a "car", ie, transportation, then don't do any warranty busting mods and drive it like a "car". If you consider it a hobby, then forget about the dealers and the warranty. Take it on as a project and enjoy the hobby aspects of the whole program. Mod the shit out of it and drive it as hard as you want. If it breaks, fix it and move on with the fun!

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Great discussion guys, thanks again. Thanks for the virtual tour postban, that is too cool. Dearborn is where I bought my car!

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Striker I was in your exact same position for the 2.5 years I've owned mine and like Postban said after lots of reading and feedback from everyone I'm going with the 2.76 BF setup. I think as long as you do the normal support mods with the pulley you'll be OK as long as you don't do any 30-45 sec WOT overheating the engine runs. Like Fubu said around here there are dealers we can go to for work with pullies on who don't seem to mind at all. Alot of guys have been running smaller pullies for a few years now without incident.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
No doubt that a pulley will void your warranty, but who brings their car in for warranty work with a pulley on the car?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Once you pass the pulley/tune threshold you risk the possibility of torching the warranty. That is a choice you have to make and be willing to accept the consequenses if you have problems. There is nothing absolute that will void a warranty. It all depends on the dealership. Some will honor a warranty even with extensive mods while others will give you shit for a cold air kit. I pulley'd up after 5,000 miles. I wanted to make sure all of the bugs were worked out of my car before I took the pulley plunge. I've been pulley'd for 2 years now with zero problems. I was very careful and spent a full year on this forum reading all of the old threads before I took the pulley plunge.

Take a ride in a 2.80'd car. A properly tuned one will give you about 90 HP and 100+ TQ. One ride and you will be hooked.

After that take a ride in a ported eaton car!!!

After that take a ride in a KB or Whipple'd car!!!

There's no end in sight!!!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Just got the 2.93 and 4 idler set-up from Billetflow. Took me a good 3 months of reading thru this forum and weighing my options before going the pulley route. It was a tuff decision. Now time to get rid of my extended warranty and hope nothing happens to the car. :shrug:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
had a pulley, warranty wasn't voided. Back to stock pulley.. sold my pulley along with some other stuff.. see my sig behind my reasoning for the stock pulley :)

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Well my warranty runs out in July, so its not like I have to wait forever. I have pretty much decided to go with the Billetflow pullies and the predator, I may just be getting everything so it will be ready to go in Aug 1 lol. I just have no idea who to get to do the tune. There are no other terminators around here at all that I know of. I have never seen another one on the street here, and thats just one of the reasons I wanted one so bad. People that know, freak out when they see this car here but most are clueless. Since WynneSpeed closed down, theres not even a dyno around here that I know of. Thanks again for all the great info guys.

dougwg

Established Member
You're in Mississippi?

Amazon Racing can help you!

I think the closest guy to you would be James@RWTD though

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I still have full warranty with a kenne bell. It's like they don't even know that it's different. They have done numerous warranty work, they replaced the entire rear end the last time because it was found to be "bent or warped" the cover wouldn't fit right. I wounder if 510ft/tq had anything to do with that. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread