your favorite brand of tires

stangin'

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm doing a little research on tires and I want to gain a little insight into the consumer's mind when it comes to buying performance tires. Your feedback as car enthusiasts will help me tremendously.

Let's say it's time to buy new tires for your mustang:

1. What are the top 3 tire manufactures that you will consider buying for your car?

2. List these attributes in the order that you think is most important to least important when deciding on how to buy tires.
- price
- performance
- tire life
- tire manufacture's reputation
- * please add anything else you think should be on this list

3. Do you prefer to deal with local shops or order tires online?

4. How and where did you buy your last set of tires?

5. If you had to buy tires today, where is the first place you would consider buying your tires from?

6. What brand of tire is currently on your Mustang?

Thanks for your time guys and I appreciate any feedback you can give me. This is not a paper for class or any report that I have to do. I'm looking to get into starting a small business and possibly becoming a tire dealer catering to mainly car enthusiasts. I'm trying to determine how/what guys in the mustang community base their decisions on when it comes to buying tires. Just like how certain sizes are popular for our cars, I want to know what brands you all look for first.

Vin

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I loved the Hankooks I had on my L, since mine is a DD and only vehicle. But these Toyo Proxies 2 are holding well, I had them for over year and still alot of thread on them.

EDIT: Sorry for its a car LOL

Well, hope it helps a L owner.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I consider BFG first as one of, if not THE best all around brand, whether its street, all-season, truck, or other.

After that its all about price. :D

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
1. What are the top 3 tire manufactures that you will consider buying for your car?
BFG, Nitto or Michelins

2. List these attributes in the order that you think is most important to least important when deciding on how to buy tires.
- price
- performance
- tire life

- price
- performance
- tire life

Buy online with local mount/balance

Bought through craigslist, mount/balance via Sears

5. If you had to buy tires today, where is the first place you would consider buying your tires from?
Americas Tire Co (Discount Tire Direct)

N/A, However when I had my Cobra they were Nitto555 (275/40r17) fronts and 555R (315/40r17) rear

Answers in red

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I always had great success with BFG tires. I've put them on several mustangs with great wear and handling.

Asking what the best tires are is like asking what beer tastes best...you're gonna get a lot of worthless opinions.

stangin'

Established Member
Keep them coming guys, I appreciate any and all feedback.

This is just a small business idea that I had floating in my head, nothing concrete at all.

VictorySong

Established Member
Originally Posted by stangin'

Goodyear, BFG, Mickey Thompson

- price
- performance
- tire life

- performance
- tire life
- price

Buy online with local mount/balance

Summitracing.com

Tirerack.com

Goodyear's were on it originally.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Michelins are my favorites for sure. My F150 got nearly 90,000 miles out of the last set, and they were still quiet the day I replaced them with the exact same tire again. Nittos are my second favorite. Replacing the factory crapyears (worst tire on the planet IMO) on my Corvette was the best thing I have ever done for a car.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
On my Lightning I loved the Toyo's compared to the stock Goodyears....They lasted longer, were cheaper, looked better and hooked better.....My only problem was they got really loud as they wore down......

On my G37S I am liking the Hankooks much better than the stock Bridgestones but they don't seem much better for wear so going to try Toyo's again next......They were quite a bit cheaper though....

On my F250 I absolutely love the Nitto's on there now over the stock continentals (but the truth is it's difficult to make a apples to apples compare between highway tires from the factory and off road tires.....)

I have been really pleased with discount tires online. Bought my last set for the infinity and the diesel through them and was very pleased. Free shipping and they price matched. Hard to beat that, especially considering they were significantly cheaper than any local store.....

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
love my goodyear F1 GS-D3s on the cobra for street duty. never once fealt uneasy about them. a touch pricey. but I got what I wanted.

on my silverado I run goodyear LS2s as well as on my little neon. both are wonderful. tires are very quiet, relatively sticky, and do well in the rain, not to mention they ride really nice.

on my dually I am running Geolanders all around in E load, very pleased with them.

I've had the BFG A/Ts and these would be my first choice for a truck that actually sees offroad time. 90% of the trucks you see on the street wearing those have likely never seen so much as a curb, let alone any terrain that would require them.

Quality is more important to me then price. performance before comfort/wear.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

BFG
Pirelli
(only 2 I have personally used before)

- price
- performance
- tire life

Performance
Tire life

Online/Discount Tire Direct

See above post

6. What brand of tire is currently on your Camaro?

Pirelli

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member

Pirelli
Michelin
Mickey Thompson

Performance
Tire life

Local for my DD's. Online for the toys.

Summit for the Cobra, Local Shop (Lynchburg Tire) Explorer. Local Shop (Harris Tire) mounts all.

Depends what car, detailed in #4.

Pirelli out front, Mickey Thompson in the rear.

Ratchet

Established Member
I am saving up for a couple of Michelin Pilots PS2's I think they are to match the fronts. Damn expensive tires but I really liked them before I burnt them off one sunday afternoon... I should have probably checked to see how much they were before I roasted em off...lol:banana:

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member

Nitto, BFG, Goodyear

1. price
2. tire life
3. performance
4. tire manufacture's reputation

Both

In person at Steeda.

Steeda or Discount Tire; they offer the best prices for Nitto.

Nitto

Users who are viewing this thread