your opinions on clutch issues

cobra1718

Established Member
I thought I would ask the experts, or at least some that have had clutch or transmission issues. First I dont like to complain about things, cause this has been beat to death on the forums.Here is my issue would like some ideas what might be the problem. In the higher rpm's my clutch has vibration in it. The car shifts ok even cold. The car shifts fine even when the vibration is present. Is it a driveshaft issue? Is it because the the car is lowered? I know the first comments will be take it to the dealer. I can take it to the dealer but I feel I would have to return to stock. That would take a few minutes to accomplish and then would still worry about warranty because my local Ford dealership is very small and is located in Hicktown. May also consider going to larger dealership in Charlotte. So basically what is everybody"s opinion.,

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
man there could be a lot of different things causing it, I had the pressure plate bolt backing out problem but if it was that it would be hard to shift and the pedel would be releasing close to the floor...

300AGT

Established Member
Well looking at the Pic. of your car. It looks as if you got the back lower than front and over all it looks slammed so it could be the pinion angle is now off and it need to be reset.

Laztug

Established Member
wth is up with the clutch?

I have a late build 2012 5.0 and the car feels perfect.....until i pick up the rpms.(6k+)
The clutch pedal feels sluggish for a few moments then goes back to normal. Is this something I should be worried about?

mods- magnapacks x pipe and resonator delete.

cobra1718

Established Member
Well looking at the Pic. of your car. It looks as if you got the back lower than front and over all it looks slammed so it could be the pinion angle is now off and it need to be reset.
I thought that might be a factor. I think I am going with the 1 inch drop FR springs to see if that helps

Users who are viewing this thread