Your thoughts on gears

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I'm coming from a m6 3.73 car, now in a a6 3.15 car. I'm a few days away from pulling the trigger on a 4c converter and was thinking about swapping gears as well. I'm going to continue running nitrous until I can afford to build a motor. My track tires are 28" tall and my street tires will never be smaller than a 285/40/18. Knowing all this, what do you guys think about swapping gears? And WTF is the deal with not being able to rev past 2k with the brake applied? Some kind of anti burnout bullshit in the stock tune? Car isn't tuned yet, I'm trying have most of the mods in place to avoid multiple revisions. Your thoughts

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Angry50

Established Member
I have heard 3.73 work well with 28inch tall tires. but I would try it with factory gears first. it seems that if you ever go forced induction you will want you gears back to stock.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
There was a stock 14 auto at the track this past weekend he was able to do burnouts, granted they didn't come easily but he got it done every pass! He was hitting 13.3's all day.

20lbbooster

Established Member
I just put a 4c in my 13 GT 2 weeks ago. The car feels TOTALLY different. I can stall it up to 3000+ but my crappy nittos can't take the launch that high...they break loose at 3000rpm. I have NO problem doing a burnout. Coming off the foot brake at 2000rpm on 275/50/15 nitto 555r I cut 1.79 no problem. I didn't get a chance to make any more runs that night but I know that 60ft could definitely get better. My first few passes I was trying to come up to high on the converter...that's how I figured out the old nittos couldn't hold.

My mods are

1 7/8 long tubes
Full exhaust
CJ mani
BMR suspension
Circle d 4c

Tgpatrsn

Established Member
I put the 4C in my 2014 A6 a few months ago. The car had 1.87 60's consistently. After the 4C I footbrake to 3000 and run 1.62-1.65 consistently. The convertor is awesome!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread