Z plan on '13 GT500?

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Getting the itch to get back into a Mustang since selling my '04 Whippled Redfire Cobra back in '09. The JK is just too slow to be fun anywhere besides the rocks. Looking at the new GT500.

I tried doing some searching but the wifi here isn't cooperating well. I'm looking at getting a '13 or '14 GT500 when I get home from Afghanistan(private contractor). My wife's grandpa is retired from a Ford factory in OH, and can get me a Z plan pin #. Are there any restrictions on the GT500 that prevent using a Z plan pin? If you can use a Z plan pin, anyone know what the pricing/discount would be like?

I bought my '04 Cobra used back in '04, but I know then dealers were marking up over sticker for them at a few places. Is this happening on the new GT500? Curious as well if dealers are coming down off sticker at all, especially when financing isn't involved at all.

How are you current '13 GT500 owners liking the car? I DDed my Terminator, but that WON'T be happening with this one. Have a WK2 Hemi Grand Cherokee for that. But I do plan on driving the car.

Thanks for any help! :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Z-plan is not available yet... I'm not sure if Ford will allow plan pricing on them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's hard enough to find them at MSRP. I've been trying to help a member all day, and we've burned through almost a dozen.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I've been out of the market for awhile, but I figured they were still marking them up. Is it even feasible to get one for $55-60ish? I just really want under $60k, with nav, recaro seats, the works.

jbs$

Established Member
You may consider extending your employment contract a couple of months and add 10 large to the purchase pile to get what you want. Good luck on your search, but they are hard to find at MRP.

nix5o

Established Member
If you wait until the end of the 14' run you MIGHT be able to get one at the z plan. I think you can get z plan on a 12' if you find one. But the only dealers I know that still have 12's have them marked up almost as much as the 13's.

I have a x-plan at my disposal, but I still had to hunt to find one at sticker after my order allocation fell through.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So, you want a loaded one for under $60,000? Sir, I wish you the best of luck. :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like it isn't going to happen. My wife looked at one for me in Phoenix and they wanted $74. I'd be happy with sticker of 65ish, just no $10k markup.

Let me know when you are in the market and I will be more than happy to do anything I can to find one. Now a days, finding them is almost as fun as driving them!

railroad

Established Member
Malloy Ford, Jasper Alabama sold me a 13 Shelby for about $4K under MSRP. I put 5K down and then they found out their allocation was used up. They said, sorry, unless I wanted to wait on a 2014. Long Lewis Ford, Hoover Ala, may have some left on their allocation and will sell for sticker, plus tax. I think it ended up $62,725. This was with recaro, 821a power package, and car cover. Long Lewis car was going to be a 2013 model.

good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread