Z06->lightning?

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
^ it sucks they put older rims on it, but hell i like them better anyways.

do you have your car posted on ls1tech? i sold my ALL of my ls cars on there, minus the t/a my dad kept that

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
^ it sucks they put older rims on it, but hell i like them better anyways.

do you have your car posted on ls1tech? i sold my ALL of my ls cars on there, minus the t/a my dad kept that

I haven't posted my car yet, but it will be over on LS1tech after I get it out of the shop. I like the new rims better like the first L picture I posted.

albino96

Established Member
What drop and what size wheels do you think that white one has? are the wheels stock size? I think it's pretty perfect.

I'm already talking to someone about trading my vette for their lightning lol.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The wheels on the white truck are chromed stock 18" 03/04 wheels. The drop looks to be about a 3/5. Damn fine looking truck.

lokilightning

AnotherWhiningFarmTruck
Established Member
Good luck on your search for an L. I really like driving my C5, but I LOVE driving the Lightning. I think once you ride in one you will see the attraction we all have with these trucks. And I can relate to the repair costs on the Vette. It is like everything you have to repair is $1600-$3200.:bash:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Some motivation.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Lightning-vs-Zo6_702673.htm]Lightning vs Zo6 - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Lightning-going-for-a-new_702834.htm]Lightning going for a new best on the stock block - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

PB040452.jpg

towing2.jpg

albino96

Established Member
Nice. I'm wondering if I can do black or not. i like the blacked out look, but I already have it on my vette and it's a bitch to keep clean. I'll probably just get whatever comes along.

Silverback99

LPE / SVT Fraternizer
Established Member
right on

I've got a LPE-built C5 and just bought my Lightning four months ago. I see I'm not the only person here who owns both a Vette and a Lightning, and I think I can say with confidence that we're all very happy with both. They're easier to mod and make surprising power...and yah, you don't see one on every block. Oh, and you don't feel nearly as bad taking it out in bad weather like with a Vette, for some reason. You won't regret getting the Lightning...

albino96

Established Member
I'm gonna go to the bank right now and see if I qualify for a loan on a lightning! Wish me luck!

albino96

Established Member
Hmm... So i just called the guy from the add I mentioned before and I'm not sure what to think. The guy had a baby and is selling it. He has owned it a year and a half and doesn't know anything about it. The only mod he knows of is he said they took the supercharger and did something to it to give it more horsepower. (sounds like it needs a good owner). I asked if it was a port and pulley (since he said they took it off) and he said yes that was it... He also said it hasn't been tuned, but he hasn't been driving it for a few months. He's the second owner.

So, I don't mind if it has a port/pulley although I suspect it's just a pulley and he doesn't know what he's talking about but it worries me because I assumed he's gotten on it without it being tuned. How dangerous is that?

I will find out tomorrow if I got approved for the loan so I will set up to hopefully tomorrow go over there and take a look. It's probalby an hour away. I guess I'll be able to tell then what's done to it. if it's ported does steggy put the little emblem on it or any other marks that may be on a ported blower?

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
I've been runing a 4lb for three years now with no tune. But my truck never goes passed 3 grand. and run's just fine. I just don't have the money to tune it being i got make payments on it and haven't had a job in sometime.

albino96

Established Member
so if it's a 4lb I should be ok then? What about if it's a 6lb? What if it's really ported? I guess that shouldn't affect much and it still just depends on the pulleys.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'm selling the vette because it has put me in debt. Parts and work are too damn expensive on it! Everyone i know for deals works on fords!

I could doa cobra as well. My vette was also kinda done without putting a bigger motor in it. A stockish car would let me start from scratch and do everything the way I want.

hey youre in so cal. my buddy is selling his Lightning as a rolling chassis. it has a roll cage (goes through rear window), traction bars, fuel cell and some more. he's looking to get like $2k for it. you can pick up a new L motor and trans for a few grand.

or if you want to go cobra, ive got mine for sale :rolling:

Lightnings are awesome! once you drive one you'll fall in love.

albino96

Established Member
What did your vette do in the 1/4 mile?

I found a time from the previous owner that was 11.63@124. I only went twice and best I could muster was a 12.3, but it was 103* outside. Corrected it was like an 11.8@~120. I haven't been on the built drivetrain. I broke the stock tranny then I broke the rear, both of which are now fully built with the best stuff RPM has to offer.

If its a steig port it may have a sticker like this on the top

porttop.jpg

Thanks, that's what I figured.

hey youre in so cal. my buddy is selling his Lightning as a rolling chassis. it has a roll cage (goes through rear window), traction bars, fuel cell and some more. he's looking to get like $2k for it. you can pick up a new L motor and trans for a few grand.

or if you want to go cobra, ive got mine for sale :rolling:

Lightnings are awesome! once you drive one you'll fall in love.

I don't really want a project, I need a DD. I don't know if I want a cobra because my brother already had one and all the guys in my car club have one so it's kinda played out in my mind lol.

Users who are viewing this thread