Zax, I might need your help.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jason, I undid all that nice work you did last year in one high speed slide through the mud at VIR last weekend. It had rained for 3 days before I went off, and the mud came flying in everywhere, since I run top down. Here's the result...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LR-yYCQCFc&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Mud Car[/ame]

I'm gonna wash it off some today, but the inside will be especially difficult to clean. Does this look like a project you want to take on?

If not, got any suggestions on an easy way to get mud out of a car?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Greg, to solve this problem in the future, take out the seats, console, carpet, and everything on the floor. Then lay down a few good coats of Herculiner do-it-yourself bedliner on the floor. Drill a few holes in the bottom and install drain plugs. This way you can just hose out the interior when it gets dirty and the water will drain right out the bottom. You can even drive around in the rain with the top down without problems!

Wait, you were talking about a Jeep, right? Who takes a Cobra in the mud?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Greg, to solve this problem in the future, take out the seats, console, carpet, and everything on the floor. Then lay down a few good coats of Herculiner do-it-yourself bedliner on the floor. Drill a few holes in the bottom and install drain plugs. This way you can just hose out the interior when it gets dirty and the water will drain right out the bottom. You can even drive around in the rain with the top down without problems!

Wait, you were talking about a Jeep, right? Who takes a Cobra in the mud?

I was about to say I got enough grief when I put a hitch on it. I can imagine what everyone would say if I did that!

But it's a good idea. Wanna help me do it? :banana:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Greg

I have a steam cleaner and an extractor, it will take sometime but it come out. Please stop take driving tips from Ken, you see what he did to his car, and what happened to yours.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Greg

I have a steam cleaner and an extractor, it will take sometime but it come out. Please stop take driving tips from Ken, you see what he did to his car, and what happened to yours.

Mine was more like I was taking water skiing tips. :rockon:
Will PM you.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I was about to say I got enough grief when I put a hitch on it. I can imagine what everyone would say if I did that!

But it's a good idea. Wanna help me do it? :banana:

Sure thing, I'm all about ripping apart other people's cars haha.

Wish I could see the vid here at work.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Glad it was a spin and not a roll. Have fun getting your hands dirty :D

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm so pissed that all weekend I was using in car video, and that session, because of the rush to get on slicks and get some dry track time, I forgot to hit record on the camera.
I'd have liked to know how long the slide went on for, though they told my it was around 100 yards. It just seemed like forever, with wave after wave of mud coming in on me. :uh oh:
I was tucked in hoping I wasn't gonna hit a ditch and flip, but VIR does excellent prep and their runoff is in great shape. Well, except for a few ruts I left. :rollseyes

Here's a couple pics from when I went to the car wash today. And these are after removing all the big clods of mud and grass.

IMG_0116.gif

IMG_0117.gif

IMG_0118.gif

IMG_0119.gif

IMG_0120.gif

IMG_0121.gif

IMG_0122.gif

IMG_0123.gif

IMG_0124.gif

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
You guys should have seen the lumps of grass and mud that Greg had to pull out to change his brake pads for the ride home. It was nice to see him still in good spirits after the plowing and tilling.

dragon40k

Established Member
I rolled by him on the way to grid just as he was getting off track. I've never seen so much mud on a cobra in my life. Those pictures don't really do the sheer amount of mud justice. It looked like a pig that had wallowed in the mud.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Damn - Pictures really bring it into perspective. What a mess you have there. Definately will want to be very careful removing that from your paint and not apply too much pressure. What grit is left will just scratch up your paint if too much pressure is applied.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn - Pictures really bring it into perspective. What a mess you have there. Definately will want to be very careful removing that from your paint and not apply too much pressure. What grit is left will just scratch up your paint if too much pressure is applied.

Pressure washer! :rockon:

Greg, I'm sad to say that you actually have more mud inside your Cobra than I do inside the Jeep, and I've gone wheeling numerous times with the doors off. Congrats.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Greg its spring time, can you come aerate my lawn? just do a few donuts, ill pay for the car wash after

but on a serious note I'm glad that thing didn't flip that coulda been real bad

Users who are viewing this thread