• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

ZEX or other nitrous users PLEASE LOOK!!

Discussion in '2nd Generation' started by zombie_46, Jun 13, 2008.

1. zombie_46

zombie_46 New Member Established Member

I am buying a ZEX nitrous kit from a friend that was for his dodge never installed. My question is how hard will it be to make it work on my Lightning?

I seen that there is a kit for ford fuel rail, I have the fitting for 1/16-1/8'' for my autometer gauge, how do you hook up the fuel for the wet kit with the fuel psi gauge still working, need any adaptors?

I have a mail order tune will I need a retune for the nitrous beings its a wet kit??

Thank Adam

2. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator

never trust a mail order tune. too many people on here have lost their L's to that.

3. 150xlt

150xlt Member Established Member

I had nitrous on my truck before i put on the vortech and i used the shrader valve for my fuel supply and I had a BBK pressure regulator on it at the time that had a port for a guage. I guess you could get a t-fitting so you can hook up both the gauge and the fuel supply from the shrader valve. I would highly highly highly recomend getting it dyno tuned. A couple hundred bucks for a dyno tune or a couple thousand for a built motor?

4. ecoastkid

ecoastkid Active Member Established Member

What mods/power level are you at now? What size shot do you plan to spray?

You dont tune for nitrous by reflashing your computer except for pulling a few degrees of timing. You tune it by swapping out fuel jets. What comes with the zex kit is VERY conservative and you will run rich. Just dont get greedy. If you already have a 4 or 6 pound pulley, dont spray more then a 75 shot (Pull 2 degrees). No pulley?...spray 125 (Pull 4 degrees) no prob.

BTW, Do you have a wide band so you know your current tune is safe?

Whats your timing set at? Some tuners will jack the F--- out of it to impress people with some numbers...that would be the only case where you might want to pull even more timing out.

You can get a small manifold to put on the fuel rail and have two required outputs...

few more things...spray AFTER the maf with your wet shot. (your adding fuel with the kit) Dont be suprised if you dont really feel much with the 75 shot. Watch the tach and you will see it is working...