ZL1 Addons & S550 Carbon Discount Codes

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well I love to save money just as much as the next guy. I have been able to acquire a few discount codes from partnerships with a couple companies. I thought it would be good to share the wealth.

S550 Carbon 5% Discount Code: CFCHS552
S550 Carbon along with Carbon Cartel make a bunch of Carbon Fiber parts for the mustang / BMW platform. I am currently using their carbon fiber mirror caps and tail light bezel overlays. I have a few other items coming from them as well. Thus far I have had a great experience with them, and if there ever were any issues with parts received they were more than willing to help me resolve the issue.
DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0387_1.jpg

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201-6_zpsyl72p3br.jpg

ZL1 Addons 5% Discount Code: Hansologt350
ZL1 Addons makes a bunch of items for the S550 and GT350 Platform. All of it is well designed. Their staff has been friendly and know the ins/outs of what they build. I currently use their front tow hook, jacking plates, and front splitter guard washers.

Golf%20Course%201%20of%206_zpszvff2tdz.jpg

DSC_0631_zpstuobmqrk.jpg
DSC_0633_zps7pkh7hpd.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

Hope this saves some of you some money!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Could you elaborate on the tow hook and how it mounts?
Here you go....

I also had the chance to install the ZL1 Addons tow hook. The piece is pretty robust after handling it. I thought this would be a relatively easy install, and 3 hours later I had it done. I would not call it difficult, but more time consuming than imagined with all the parts I had to remove. Something I would encourage anyone to tackle on their own, but set aside some time and be patient. The basic instructions left out some critical information, as there are more parts to remove than I thought. I did not have my camera out there to step by step pictures, but here is what I did.

1) Jack up the car using universal safety precautions (Jack stand, wheel chocks, etc)
2) Remove front splitter (must come off to reach front belly pan bolts)
3) Remove belly pan
4) Remove passenger side brake duct by taking out the 3 reusable push pins. One attaching the duct to the front bumper, and two attaching to the fender well liner.
5) At this point you will notice a boxed in area under and around the radiator. On each side there is a rubber like panel attached by four reusable push pins. Remove the 4 push pins from rubber air tunnel and open up this area in front of the radiator. The panel is pliable and simply folds back.
6) Remove the air temp sensor that is located in front of the radiator, and attached to the lower boxed portion via a push pin and locating tab. The sensor is attached to a plastic arm with another push pin and locating tab. I had to use the "reach around" method to get to the sensor. It is a little awkward at first, but simple enough.
7) Remove the air temp sensor from the plastic arm, and reinstall the sensor facing toward the driver side of the car. This will shorten the distance it hangs down into the grill, and allow the tow hook room to align to the grille opening.
8) Remove the two nuts from the bumper support bolts
9) Install the tow hook onto the exposed bolts of the bumper support, then reinstall and LOOSELY tighten the nuts.
10) Use the small amount of play on the bracket to align the tow hook receiver to the shaft, and thread it a few turns. It will fit VERY SNUG into the honeycomb grill opening.
11) With the tow hook and bracket fastened together, tighten down the nuts attaching the bracket to the bumper support
12) Tighten up the tow hook shaft to the receiver to your liking
13) Reinstall the brake duct, belly pan, and front splitter
Here are a couple of finished pictures to show the bracket and how tight of a fit the shaft of the tow hook has. The kit comes with a bit to remove any excess plastic from the honeycomb grill, but I did not need to use it on mine.

DSC_0638_zps41kcwot8.jpg

DSC_0639_zpss2gk2odn.jpg

DSC_0640_zps0moxu680.jpg

The newly installed jacking plates worked like a charm as well. Super easy to get the car up in the air now. Very impressed at how rigid the car is, since jacking up the front pinch weld will still get the rear tire off the ground. All the fox body and sn-95 cars I owned would flex like crazy until I had subframe connectors installed.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing discounts. I use the ZL1 'mud flaps' on my Charger Hellcat and was impressed with the company.
-J

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Had the opportunity to visit Santa's workshop today. By that I mean the HQ of ZL1 Addons. Had the opportunity to meet the owner John, take a tour of his laboratory, and visit the nearby production facility in Poway. I will be writing a seperate article about my experience and the company here shortly. I also couldn't leave Santa's workshop without a few early Christmas gifts Might as well subscribe now. More to follow!

IMG_0839.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread