ZL1 vs 2013 shelby

svtsupersnake

Banned
so i know this may be blasphemy even considering this but i actually never bothered to look at the zl1 cameros and i am kinda surprised they are putting an eaton in these cars. Now i am starting to wonder if the zl1 would be better than the 2013 shelby cuz the suspension on the zl1 seems way more advanced than the shelby since ford are cheap bastards. So to anyone who knows more about this subject than me how do these cars compare since the only performance upgrade the 2013 is getting appears to be just 620 hp

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
lol just 620 hp. Back in the day that was a dream. Now the car comes with just 620 hp. You still have to figure in weight. Besides there will be a lot that is factored into the comparison. Until the actual car is on the street and performing noone really knows. Has for Ford, they do seem to have the problem of overpowering the chasis. Lately they just keep on uping the HP of the SVT lineup in hopes of just out powering the competition. Who knows what's really in store for the Shelby but I do believe with sticky tires they are on par. Besides what is this new Camaro going to cost?

BOD89LX

Established Member
I think the ZL1 has a TVS on it the same as they CTS V, I dont care what type of suspension you put on the ZL1 it still has a horrible seating position and you cant see out of the damm thing!!

so i know this may be blasphemy even considering this but i actually never bothered to look at the zl1 cameros and i am kinda surprised they are putting an eaton in these cars. Now i am starting to wonder if the zl1 would be better than the 2013 shelby cuz the suspension on the zl1 seems way more advanced than the shelby since ford are cheap bastards. So to anyone who knows more about this subject than me how do these cars compare since the only performance upgrade the 2013 is getting appears to be just 620 hp

svtsupersnake

Banned
i really doubt the 2013 will cost over 60k that said i doubt the zl1 will cost more than 60k these cars are made to compete wit each other it wouldnt be in chevys best interest to make the zl1 more than a shelby cuz they already have an expensive car the vette sooo anyways. But yea as far as being able to see out of it idk i never driven in a camero all i know is ford puts cheap shit in our shelbys and even wit 620 hp they can put 800 hp it doesnt matter cuz none of that goes to the pavement cuz they r too cheap to improve the suspension

heatsoaked12

Established Member
As stated before, the Camero looks like ass and the Zl1 worse. IMO i couldn't care less if a car goes tens on the street and looks like crap!! Its the number one reason I don't have a GTR. As for seeing out of the Camero it was actually pretty good when I test drove one.

Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
i actually hate the way most cameros look but the additions on the zl1 i kinda like thats y i was wondering wat ppl though performance wise but i guess no one could know since this car hasnt come out and its gonna be 100x better than wats already out

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
So. a 650 HP 5.8, TVS 2300, Torsen diff, electronic Bilsteins, launch control, CF driveshaft, fully beefed drivetrain and cooling and 3820 lbs.

Hope those won't be 285s out back!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
You boys being scared of "little" 285s is just comical. They can't put much wider in the front then they already have so a even wider rear will only cause the handling to become worse in the turns. Not everyone is into only straight line speed(I personly am but I appreciate the twisties). The car being designed originally by a guy who's last project was the Taurus didn't think we ever needed anything bigger then a 235-255 max. He was not a performance junky he was a designer. (Hai-Thai-tang) until the next car gets extra room up front your not going to see bigger meats out back. 285s are not little they may not be monsters but they are not puny by any stretch of the imagination.

And I hope to never see a girlymatic in the top dog Mustang.

svtsupersnake

Banned
i actually perfer the 2012 style tail lights over these new ones but after seeing this article it seems they upgraded the suspension now to compete wit the zl1 and wit all that hp i dont even have to do a mod to make it faster. I guess i have to go wit the shelby now when i buy a car in june lol

svtsupersnake

Banned
does anyone know how much 2012 shelby was when it first came out? cuz like all dealers around me sell at msrp. I never heard of dealers selling like 10 to 20k over msrp till i got on this forum. I am guessing the 2013 cant be much more than the current 2012

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Another tidbit...enjoy

the GT500 is way detuned at 650 hp. Its made significantly more at the wheels than ZL1 makes at the crank. (if you believe the 580 hp press release)

Chevy cant just up the hp in the zl1 either. There is no way marketing would allow the camaro to make more power than the zr1. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread