Zone 5 mgm jr or dual fpdm?

rfiresnake

Established Member
Im gonna buy my new fuel system soon and i was wondering if one is better then the other.. The dual fpdm kit from lethal is around the same price as the mgm jr. I know i could save a ton of money and wire up the fpdm myself but id rather get the plug and play kit if i go that route

greengt88

Established Member
I went with the mdm jr. For the same reason. Haven't installed it yet so don't know about that. Seemed to make more sense and the u have an led to let u know it works. Cleaner install, not that u see it anyway behind the panel. Basically a no brainer. I have the entire fuel setup rails to hat if u have any other questions. Just need $ to have it put in now.

Black306

Established Member
Personally, I would opt for a self-made dual FPDM conversion. When wired properly, you get OEM reliability. Plus, if a part happens to fail, stock replacement parts are more readily available and cost much less.

Difficulty shouldn't be a concern. If a person is able to wire a MDM Jr, then the same person can wire a dual FPDM conversion. The steps are not that much harder than an MDM Jr install and there are many people willing to help out with any questions (including myself).

By tapping into the stock harness, a conversion can be done for very little money. It is possible to do the conversion for under $100. Plus, I have yet to see an MDM Jr install as clean and compact as a dual FPDM conversion like this...

dual_fpdm_alt.jpg

Black306

Established Member
^ I would be tempted to install a clear plexiglass panel into the sidewall to show that setup off!:rolling:

I could imagine mounting them with stereo amps in a show car. Even go as far as cutting the trunk floor/plexiglass to expose a Fore hat. Of course the MDM and hat would have to be polished. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread